Chapter 12

Tora's POV:

The crowd talked to one and other loudly, excited to see the next fight and pleased with the last one. Darn I wasn't pleased though. Stinkin' Shay!! My eye really hurts! ...Ahem. But I was occupied with something else entirely. The announcer said that the tournaments finals would be held after a 15 minute break. So Shay and the "other guys" went to the waiting room.

I watched Shay through the doorway worriedly from the stands of the arena as she talked with the jerks who'd killed her parents. Shay was on her knees, but then slowly got up and yelled something to the guy. The bigger person suddenly walked closer to Shay; pushing her closer into the corner of the waiting room. Shay was out of my view and I wasn't okay with that. I scowled and jumped over the railing, towards the arena. "Tora where are you going!?" Grandpa Goku shouted in surprise.

"Shay needs my help." I calmly replied as I kept going. Murmurings started to gradually go through the crowd as I ran across the ring and into the waiting room.

I rushed in and saw Shay crying with her back against the wall as the big guy nearly pinned her there and talked trash to her about something. "Hey!!" I shouted angrily. "What's your deal!?"

The littler person, who was a little taller than me, turned to me and sneered. He had several human characteristics, except his light green skin, that is. He had yellow hair that only came down the middle of his head and fell on his forehead. The man also wore a white scarf and black Japanese robe.

He walked slowly over to me. "And who might you be?" he said with a devious grin.

"My name is Tora and I'm a Saiyan." I introduced myself seriously, while keeping an eye on Shay who watched me with a frantic expression.

"Aww isn't that sweet." the green man said sarcastically, "Another little Saiyan. Hey, Oran. What do you say I kill this one?"

I smirked. "I don't plan on dying today..."

The bigger man supposedly known as Oran, walked away from Shay and towards me. He looked human to me, but that wasn't necessarily true. Grandpa Goku and Vegeta looked human too but they weren't. Oran was very tall and muscular. He had long, red hair with bangs that sometimes fell over his right eye. His clothes were simple jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.

Oran tilted his head and scowled at me. "No, Apele. She could be VERY useful... as a slave." he said with a creepy smile.

I blushed and started to sweat as I thought about what Oran meant by "slave". "Heh heh whoa guys!! I-I'm only 14!! I'm too young for that kind of stuff!!!" I said frantically while waving my arms.

Everything was silenced. Shay fell over backwards and Oran looked confused, but then Apele made a fist and blushed."Wh-What kind of stuff are you thinking about, kid!?" he laughed nervously.

I blinked in shock and realized that what I was thinking was complete and utterly wrong... I blushed even more but got in my stance and tried to push through this awkward moment. "So, Oran. You're the guy who murdered Shay's parents..." I said with a scowl. "Jackass..."

Oran chuckled. "That's right... I did, now what of it?"

My eyes widened and then I gritted my teeth. "You... You took loved ones away from a person!!! DON'T YOU EVEN CARE!?" I screamed as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Tora..." Shay quietly said, with a shred of happiness is her voice as she cried too.

"Just because you have power doesn't mean you use it irresponsibly!!! You gain NOTHING!!" I cried as I powered up. "I... I should know that more than anyone!!"

Oran laughed loudly. "Oh but I did gain something: the satisfaction of bloodshed!!"

"That's it!!" I leaped forward to attack, but was stopped by a soft hand on my shoulder.

I look behind me in rage, but then my scowl faded to joy. ...Grandpa Goku smiled down at me. "Hey... we're right behind you." he said thoughtfully.

"We?" I questioned curiously.

I looked around me and saw my friends... no... My family.

"Hey don't think we're just going to sit back and enjoy the show... Huh. You thought you were going to get all the fun... oh that's adorable." Grandpa Vegeta said sarcastically as he cracked his knuckles.

"Yeah that's right let me at him!!!" Maron shouted in determination as she raised her hand. Haha! Even though she was older than me, Maron's voice was too cute and gentle to be threatening.

Pan crossed her arms. "This'll be fun. Hey boys save me a turn?"

Uncle Trunks chuckled. "I want a rematch with Shay, so if keeping her alive is what it takes, I'm all for it." he said with a smile.

Shay covered her mouth with her hand and cried in happiness to see us all stand up for her. Apele took a step back in fear, but Oran scowled and stood perfectly still.

Grandpa Goku stepped forward with leadership in his stride. "I'll only say this once. Leave an-"

"Darn it Kakarot we're not doing this 'leave now or forever hold your peace' crap!!" Grandpa Vegeta interrupted irritably.

I expected Grandpa Goku to disagree, but instead he nodded. "Oran, is it? If you have some business with Shay-Z then you'll have to fight us to get to her."

Oran smirked. "....Gladly.

"No!!"

Shay ran over to me and stood by my side, glaring at the enemy. "No! I am not involving these people in something that is rightfully my problem to take care of! Goku, you should know more than anyone why I want to do this myself."

Everyone was staring at Grandpa Goku, waiting for his response. He turned around and started to walk away. "Come on, guys. Shay-Z is right. This is her fight and I respect that, so you should too. Shay... need any help, call, okay?"

We all looked at each other, and then everyone hesitantly followed Grandpa Goku after a few... colorful... words to the enemy. But of course Grandpa Vegeta was the last to go. He grabbed my arm. "Come on Tora." he said seriously.

I struggled and then Grandpa Vegeta picked me up and carried me over his shoulder as he walked away. "N-No I made a promise!!! Please Grandpa!!" I cried.

Shay turned around gracefully and smiled at me. "I'll be okay..." she whispered.

I wiped my tears and waved sadly as Grandpa carried me away and then flew off. "...You better be." I replied seriously.

On the outside, Shay was strong, but I could see it is her eyes she was scared. She has a fragile heart, and I knew this. She cries because of her pain, but pain isn't the same thing as hurt. But when she's with me and my family there's a spark that starts a shred happiness. I made a promise, and I was determined to make that spark... burn.