22

With our stomachs happily loaded with pasta made from heaven, we spent most of the time entering shops, looking at some fancy apparels, trying them on, gaping at the price tag, then awkwardly trudging out of the store without looking back. My wallet's already thinning just by looking at them.

On the other hand, Seb was examining—no, he was scrutinizing every single detail of the clothes he had chosen. He brushed and groped through the fabric, then observed its motifs for quite some time before he threw out many countless remarks.

"The sleeves are too long."

"This one's too plain-looking."

"The floral patterns make it overly crowded."

"Too many patches on the jeans is not a good thing."

"That blouse really doesn't match you, Lynn."

Turns out he's still the fastidious boy who cares a little too much about clothes. I could picture his childhood self as he roasted every single blemish—at least for him—he had found. Geez... and most guys I've seen never cared too much about what they're wearing.

While our group dispersed themselves throughout the huge store, I found myself going after Edward and his friends. Well, it was not like I wanted to buy anything; besides, I have squandered most of my money today, so staring at tops and desperately wishing they were mine were the only options. Temptations might poke fun at me, but so did my allowance.

I shall not allow that to happen.

And as for Edward, I could guess where he was even with my eyes closed. No questions asked, because in all the shops we have been, he would be hanging out in the hoodie section. Otherwise, he would simply trail behind me or the rest of the group without saying a word. How ironic he's easily readable this time...

I watched as Edward pulled out a light blue hoodie from the discounted rack. Holding the hanger, he examined the hoodie up and down, placing it on his body as he observed at his reflection in the mirror. And of course, being the fashionista around here, his best friend was, he quickly approached him.

"Yeaaah no, you look so weird with that." Seb snorted as he huffed out a derisive laugh. "You still sucked at choosing clothes, huh?"

Now that's a little rude...

"Hmm, it looks okay to me," Adelynn objected. "Kinda odd, but still works..."

I don't think that's any better, Lynn...

"I got it. I suck," he growled. "Just shut up and let me find what I want." He stowed the hoodie back to its spot and began rummaging for another one. Did he not learn something earlier, where if he pushed him over the edge, he would get pinched again?

"S-Seb, maybe you should just let Ed be," I said, keeping–well, tried to—my voice as stern as possible.

Honestly, I did not expect him to listen, but much to my surprise, he actually fastened his mouth from uttering more remarks. Instead, he randomly whistled as Edward extracted another black hoodie with orange stripes, but was met with a fleeting glare. In the end, he put it back and never looked at it again.

Oh Seb... I sighed mentally.

Even as sale posters decorated throughout the entire clothing shop, we quickly regrouped and left empty-handed.

This was when Samantha abruptly dragged us all the way to ground floor. Of course, her objective was none other than the large bookstore boasting new novels on their shelves. In a heartbeat, her countenance brightened like a thousand suns as she was pulled into the world of escapism and fantasies that reality never permitted.