30

Wednesday.

I could not stop staring at the bracelet.

While I was preparing my books for class, the flamboyant accessory continued begging—and succeeded—for my attention. Its beads had been shimmering under the sunlight penetrating through the windows, proudly flaunting itself to whoever saw it. Even Adelynn and Aly were mesmerized at the souvenir, and they have to admit, Edward surely knew how to find something this beautiful.

Heck, I couldn't escape from Seb's scrutiny either.

"That bracelet looks gorgeous," he suddenly complimented, completely fixated on the accessory. "Where did you get it?"

"Oh, um, t-thanks! Um... Edward got it for me," I stumbled upon my words.

"That's... really nice of him." His earthy eyes widened. I didn't know if it was just me, but from the corner of my vision, his silvery eyebrow twitched slightly. "No wonder it looks familiar, he must have gotten it from that crane game. When did he give it though?"

"H-His mom came over, passed it over to my mom."

"Ah, right, yeah that makes sense. Dude's sick in bed, anyway," Seb muttered, but that did not clearly mask the bewilderment setting in his countenance. He was constantly nodding and rubbing his chin, attempting to wrap his head around his best friend's unusual actions.

Like he had not been acting unusual as well.

After Adelynn and Aly left, I saw him leaning by the lockers, waiting specifically for me. His face practically brightened up as soon as he saw me, claiming he wanted to keep me company and wanting to have some chat. Usually, if he was not with Edward, I would often see him with the basketball team. I mean, it was not like we were not friends, especially now that I was growing closer to Edward.

"Speaking of which... I've heard from Lynn, you girls are visiting him after school?" I jerked up at his question. Sitting with his legs spread open, Seb rested his elbow on top of the chair as he leaned closer towards me, maintaining his gaze.

"Yeah, a-are you going to come too?"

"Did it last night. Besides, I can't join in today, unfortunately... need to help my parents prepare with something after school," Seb breathed.

"H-How was he?" I found myself immediately questioning him; my curiosity thirsted for answers.

"Hmm, maybe a little better, but his fever is still kinda high and he still has headaches." He said between his profound sigh and threw back his arms. "Sheesh... ever since he started working, he's been getting frequently sick. It's like he keeps forgetting the fact that his body is not as strong as he thinks, but he never listens to us..."

I could only let out nervous laughs, leaving no comment. Of course, from the way Seb complained and groaned, Edward's self-willed demeanor still had his friends pulling their hair and smacking their faces. However, I have to admit, his resilience is pretty respectable.

Edward had always wanted to ride a bike, and when he found out about me, he was practically begging me to teach him. Unfortunately, I watched with my heart clenched against my chest as he constantly tumbled down, having lost his momentum. Cuts and gashes had angrily decorated his knees and elbows, so I pushed myself to try stopping him, but...

"No, I'm not giving up. Don't worry, I'm fine, I got this!" was his sole response.

Surely that attitude might be perfect, but only when the timing was right. I definitely understood how exasperated his friends must have been. He needs to understand his limits...