S E V E N

"She loves you so much." Emmett hummed to his girlfriend as she swayed the newborn from side to side.

Violet looked up from then giggling child, eyes twinkling like diamond to her mate who reciprocated her smile. She leaned into his embrace, pressing her back against his chest so his arms could hug her waist and he would instead move them. Vi stretched her toes and kissed his strong jaw, earning a happy yelp to leave Resnessme's lips. The couple looked down and the brunette hybrid responded, "she loves you just as much Em."

"You look good, being a mom. It suits you," he pointed out, letting Reneessme play with one of his long fingers, the baby biting at it with her teeth. He didn't seem to mind however, only laughing.

"The only mother ill ever be is to two German Shepard's and possibly a Pomeranian, other then that sir don't even think I'm pushing anything out of my vagina." She retorted, lightening the mood. The way Emmett's golden eyes dimmed significantly affected her, he wanted to give her more, to give her an actual family but in truth she didn't need it. With him it wasn't necessary, she wanted just him.

Even so Emmett chose to continue the subject, "I know Vi that it's not possible for us but I just want you to know that if it had been possible... if you and I could have kids I'd be up for it."

He kissed the base of her collarbone, finishing his small speech to her. She was glad, turning on her chair and running her hands through his hair. "I know, but you don't have to worry. You're the only person I'll ever want, nothing less, nothing more polar bear. Besides I think we both know you're enough of a kid to last me eons."

He snorted, slightly offended but pressing his lips to her smiling lips even so and Renessme belted out a lyrical giggle. They broke apart, laughing along with the child.

The continuous rhythm that surrounded the house abruptly stopped then, and all at once the small cheers they had created came to a halt. Emmett no longer tenderly held his girlfriend and the newborn but now protectively encased them in his strong arms. He brought them towards one of the walls in their room, away from the windows.

Jasper came into the room at once, Jacob not far behind them. The blonde vampire went straight for the windows, nodding his head towards the hybrid and her mate. Jacob on the other hand came closer, running his finger down the child's cheek momentarily and finding her relaxing into his palm, Renessme craved Jacob's comfort as much as he did hers. He turned then, eyes glued to the door as Esme and Alice also walked into the room. Their eyes fondly looked at the baby's soft smile before joining Jasper.

Renessme grew silent then, her eyes observing beyond her years. Her tiny palm touched Violets throat, warm fingers tightening barely around her smooth skin.

All at once she was painting pictures in the hybrids mind, memories, there was ones of seeing her right after birth. Vi's face strong despite the tears cascading down her cheeks, Edward's soft smile to his daughter when he had first seen her, his mouth covered in blood.

And then finally there was the image of Bella, the first one of her dead body smiling one last time towards her family, and then the last one just recently. She was in her fathers arms, Edward whispering something in regards to his wife while the newborn child watched on as her mother visibly changed in front of her eyes. The image stuck on Bella's rigid body, like a question being asked.

Vi looked down at the child's widened eyes, kissing the tips of her fingers and nodding, confirming her theory. "Your mommy's almost here."

₩₩₩₩

"When are you gonna tell her?" Violet asked Jacob who stood by her side, Renessme bouncing on his hip as the child ran her fingers through his face.