F O U R T E E N

Christmas time approached them quicker then anticipated, and while the Volturi did not appear before then Emily Young did

Christmas time approached them quicker then anticipated, and while the Volturi did not appear before then Emily Young did. She sent a flurry of texts to Violet reminding her that Christmas was mandatory, come war or not they would celebrate the festivities and so the brunette had no choice but to attend. A part of her was glad though, they could all use a moment of happiness between them all. Emily had also mentioned that this message was not just for her but all those in the Cullen household who would be gracious enough to attend so Vi encouraged the rest of the Cullen's and vampire clans to join them and although some were more reluctant to join, most did. Benjamin and his mate Tia were there, the Denali coven seemed willing as well, Garrett and Stone went along as well. The group from Scotland clan appeared, as well as a few nomads who agreed to keeping their appetite at bay.

They were all hanging around Sam's house, conversing with one another while Seth introduced the wolves to the vampires and attempted his best to make everyone friendly.

"This is nice, kind of weird, but nice." Emmett hummed into Violets ear. His hands hadn't left her body since reconciling, they were practically inseparable. Currently his thumb was pressed against the small in her back, rubbing smooth circles repeatedly.

She leaned back, looking up to see his smirking face looking down at him. "Oh hush, you're weird."

"Says the girl who literally lit the lanterns with a flick of her finger."

"Touché."

"You two are annoyingly adorable." Kate remarked to them, nose upturned like she was trying to make it seem that much more believable.

Vi scoffed, straightening out so she could get a better look at the blonde, "thank you. We would do it on the dinner table right now to further prove your point if there weren't children around."

"What children?" Jacob questioned after a moment stifling laughter, Renessme hadn't shown just yet as her parents and the rest of the Cullen's were dealing with the guests who had stayed back so he was comfortably third wheeling Violet and Emmett.

"Seth." Violet remarked, pointing her beer towards the smiling boy talking to Benjamin and Paul.

"Hey! I'm not!" He remarked back, genuinely offended as everyone tried to stifle a laugh.

"Yes, you are pup," Paul wrapped his arm around the boy and squeezed. "It's okay though, we still love you."

Seth shoved him away playfully, "I can beat you Paul."

Paul decided not to entirely answer him, instead choosing to answer with an eye roll and look at Rachel with a disbelieving look. He truly had changed in demeanors.

"Alright before this turns into Lucha Libre," Sam called the attention. Emily stood beside him in a beautiful black dress, she had a thick coat overtop that matched perfectly and her face was done up in a very natural way. She looked radiant holding onto Sam happily, her cheeks still had a warm tint as she'd just pulled out the last of the biscuits from the oven. Sam looked downward, tightening his arm around her waist as to pull her any closer as the group settled. "Emily has something she'd like to tell everyone."