N I N E

"I still don't understand why you forced me out, you know I hate doing things that involve me putting on actual pants." Vi muttered to Jacob as she placed more of his folded shirts in duffle bags.

Jacob slung a few bags onto his shoulders, "first, your boyfriend has the bigger Jeep and I needed to use it for all these boxes, second, he also said you needed to get out and third I believe you've got sweats on."

She rolled her eyes, zipping the duffel up. "Okay jean shorts... also folding your clothes is the way to get me out... okay. Besides you know I'm not exactly allowed here."

"Relax," Jake responded. "They won't come here, Leah and Seth went back yesterday and no one got in their way. I could get some of your clothes from Sam's if you'd like..."

She shook her head, standing abruptly, "no, lets just go. Being back here just brings back memories I care not to remember."

He nodded, "alright then. There's just some things I need to get back from the shed if you can help with that and then we will be done."

She nodded, both silently placing the belongings inside the jeep and then heading towards the shed. Billy was off fishing with Charlie and wouldn't be back for some time. They had the whole land to themselves.

Vi was too preoccupied hopping from stone to stone to notice much else as they came right into the shed.

Jacob glanced back at her, noticing the gentle decorating her lips and sighed, pushing the metal doors apart to the shed.

Violet looked up, cutting her breath short as she came face to face with her brother. Any anger that had been overpowering her judgment as of late was gone the moment her eyes caught his sunken in eyes. He looked ragged, like the weeks had dragged on for months and with it his body was depleting.

Vi stumbled back, finding Jacob as he held her in place. Her throat became dry as only one word surfaced, "Sam?"

Her brother nodded, a painful smile gracing his face. "Vi."

It was a wonder to the three of them but the petite girl stumbled forward, and then practically jumped into her brothers arms. She couldn't help herself, this was her best friend, the one man she'd counted on for years on end. He had never let her down until now but it no longer mattered, her family was all that mattered now.

Her arms fastened to tight around his neck Sam found himself unable to breathe but still he didn't bother to object because holding his sister was like sticking the final piece into a puzzle, it all came together.

"I'm sorry." Sam whispered into her hair. "Im sorry for everything."

Vi shushed him, not bothering to pull away. "Its okay now, you're here now and that's all that matters."

She didn't need a speech like apology or reasons as to why he had done what he had, all she wanted was to have him back. The hybrid wasn't complete without her wolves, without Sam and now he was back.

The silence overwhelmed them until finally they detached and Sam held his sisters face between his hands. A warm smile overcame his lips as he visibly relaxed, "you look good. You look happy."

Vi felt her shoulders grow lighter and time slow down as she rejoiced in the small moment. "I am now big bro, I am now."

He continued on, brown eyes focusing on the smoothness to her face. Her cheekbones were higher, almond eyes strong, there was not a blemish in site, and her skin glowed a perfect tan color. This wasn't the Vi he had raised from a child to an adult, this girl was built for a life like theirs, with a face fit for wars to be fought over. She was too perfect, but even so he wouldn't have it any other way. Vi was there despite the perfections, she was still present.

"Jake?" She turned her head, excited eyes glowing as they came to rest upon the russet skinned boy who had a devious smirk to his lips. "Did you know about this? Em?"

"Big guys the first one I told, he said you needed this." He responded nonchalantly.

She felt delighted beyond belief, finding her brothers hand and tightening her grasp. It was warmth that spread through her, one she'd been missing the last months. Emmett would always have her back, through thick and thin he would give her what he needed, even if it meant going against his own will.

Vi swallowed thickly, looking at the worry lines on her brothers face. "I've missed talk to you."

"Likewise baby sister." He smiled, and suddenly his face grew serious. He took a step back and looked towards the small door leading towards the woods. "Vi, hear him out please. That's all I'm asking of you."

There wasn't much else needing to be said after that and she found her feet walking back towards Jacob as he stepped into the small cabin.

Joshua slowly made his way into the space, his face was a mask of worry as his brown eyes cast upon his daughter and the slow creep of disgust raging behind her identical eyes. They were his own, same shape and color except for the gold specks of defiance, just like her mother.

Yes, he would recognize that spark anywhere it was his favorite memory of his wife and daughter.

"What are you doing here!" Vi spoke boldly despite her initial reaction.

"Listen, to him please." Sam interrupted, he could tell his sister was ready to blow up.

She didn't want to, in fact listening was not an action that crossed her mind in those swift seconds. However it was just one look from her brother and a moment of clarity that clogged those angered thoughts out, this might be her only chance to have her brother back entirely. Joshua Uley had been a drunk when he had left and although she harbored hatred for him it was Sam that truly despised the man, but it seemed like the eldest sibling had overcome his demons. If he had endured the worst and somehow stomached having his father in his life the very least she could do is listen.

Vi paused her actions, taking a deep breath and staring her father in the eyes. She wasn't less then him nor was she more, they were equals now.

"Alright..." she exhaled and tightened her fists.

"Violet," the father started off, testing the waters. He watched her physically flinch at the sound of her real name but she had yet to retreat. A sharp pang stabbed at his heart to see his little girl repel him and watching her now cling to Sam as if life depended on it reminded him when she was like that with him. He truly despised himself for ever leaving. "I know, I don't deserve to have you ever in my life and you had every right to shun me from your life at the wedding but I missed you kid. Everyday since I left Sam and you I couldn't think about how much of a mistake I had made. I fucked up kid. I fucked up and I couldn't bring myself to come back and ask foe forgiveness until now. That day I saw you first dressed up and looking like a queen I knew I had made the worst mistake of my life. Your mother is probably watching me and cursing my very existence. Violet I wont ask you for forgiveness for what I've done to you because I don't deserve it but I just want a chance please. Sam explained to me everything that's happened and I love you regardless of it all. I always knew you'd be destined for better, you had to much fire in your eyes. I'm sorry but can we please work up to something more? I can't ever be the father you two needed but I'd like to try and get to know my children."

Her throat felt dry as he continued to talk. He wasn't holding back on his past sins but was he asking for to much? In all her life her father returning was probably the craziest thing that could have occurred in her life if she was being frank. Still, she couldn't deny for a long time she hoped he would return.

As the seconds ticked by she realized her not speaking probably dimmed her fathers hopes so she cleared her throat and gazed at him. "My names Vi, and... under the circumstances I think I can do this. If Sam hasn't killed you in a wolf rage then the very least I can do is tolerate you as well for him."

It wasn't as heartfelt as Joshua would have liked but them again she was her mothers daughter and he remembered when Allison grew angry she was lethal. Despite the cold response he nodded with hope though because it was a shot in the dark, but a shot nonetheless.

And he wasn't going to take it for granted.

₩₩₩₩

THE WOLF QUEEN IS BACK BITCHES