Chapter 1

A/N: I was really depressed when I wrote this. But I'm feeling better now thxs to the kindness of other people. I'm thankful for their words.

SO TRIGGER WARNING: SELF-HARIMING AND PERHAPS SUICIDE! You've been warned ~~

And the cover of this story was edited by me ~ What you think?

Please enjoy? 😢

Blood was the only thing Lucy knew at the time. Blood was the only thing she saw. Blood was the only thing she could feel. Blood was the cause of it all. And the countless hits and shouts that never seemed to end. Insults and blames became harsher by each day.

Lucy will never forget the sight, will never forget the things that was spoken, will never forget how it had felt, no matter how much she wanted to forget them. No matter how much she wanted to move on, it haunted her day and night, even in her sleep.

Escape. That was the one word that popped into Lucy's mind. Escape and never look back. Escape and hope for the best. Escape and hope that it will never haunt her.

So Lucy ran. She ran without a second thought. With the scars that littered her body, with the scars that left Lucy emotionally traumatized, she doubted she could ever heal. Suicide had often popped up in her mind, but she never had the courage...maybe because of the pain? Blood? Or was it the thought of not living?

Soon, she was taken in by a guild called Fairy Tail. Lucy was skeptical and unsure. Sure they treated her like family, like friends, like a human for once. But Lucy had this uncertainty swirling inside of her, the unspoken fear, the doubts, and that fake smile that Lucy would show. And it hurts.

Day by day, missions by missions, Lucy was being driven closer to the brink of vulnerability and uncertainty. A thought of suicide...

Lucy learned how rowdy and loud Fairy Tail was. She considered it good luck to have kept her scars a secret so far. She didn't want anyone to intrude in on her life problems. Why would anyone want to help a charity case? Someone who was struggling whether to kill herself or not? Why is she even thinking about this?

She had met a few nice people, learned of their pasts and their...obstacles. But that's the thing. They had never, not even once, asked Lucy about her own past.

There's Erza, a former slave of an R-system incident. Which was soon resolved when Lucy, Gray, Natsu, and Happy, with an addition of Juvia decided to help and resolve Erza's case.

Gray, he had lost his parents to a devil named Deliora when he was little. He was taken in by his master named Ur that had taught him magic. She was soon killed by sacrificing herself to seal the demon.

Natsu...well, he was raised by a dragon, and suddenly disappeared on him. That's pretty much all Lucy knows about him. But he always smiles while searching for him. Lucy felt a pang of enviousness, that Natsu still trusted a parent that had disappeared on him...he never gave up, and he still love his 'father'.

Lucy doubted any of that compared to what she had gone through. And she didn't want to find out. Some things are better left unsaid and unnoticed.

Lucy was hysterical when she had found out that her father...can he even be considered a father? She found out that her father had hired Phantom to bring her back...for 'business applications' as he had said. Lucy begged to differ and managed to play it off and tell the guild that her father wanted her for some marriage arrangements. To Lucy, it was hard to convince them. But to the guild, unbeknownst of Lucy, they didn't care as for why, as long as Lucy was still part of the guild and safe and sound. Emphasize on 'safe'.

Little by little, Lucy learned to trust the guild...even if a little. But the thoughts of suicide still lingered on days that reminded her of her past. Sometimes she wished she didn't have those thoughts. She wished she could be a normal girl that could just have a normal mind and smile for real with her friends...Lucy sometimes questioned the definition of friend...What is a friend?