Chapter 12

You're so stupid Jungkook, he chided himself. She probably hates you now.

Why did he do that? Why couldn't he just have let her go peacefully; why did he think trying to kiss her was a good idea?

With a sigh, Jungkook ran his hands through his hair. He needed to go and apologise tomorrow.

Jungkook wimped out until the weekend.

Finally mustering up the courage, he knocked softly on her door and waited patiently, stepping from one foot to the other. After a few moments, the door slowly opened.

"Hello Jungkook," Seulbi smiled softly.

"Hi," He nervously smiled, flicking back and forth between her eyes and the doorframe.

The girl opened the door wider as a silent acceptance of him coming inside and he did, rubbing the back of his neck as he stood awkwardly in the living room.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jungkook noticed her attire - a knee length pastel blue dress and white heels. "Wait, another date?" He asked with a sinking feeling.

"You guessed it," Seulbi chuckled softly, before murmuring, "I wish it was with you." She thought she'd whispered it quietly enough but Jungkook's alpha hearing easily picked it up and his eyes widened.

She wants to go on a date with me?

Subconsciously his lips curled upwards; he hoped he hadn't misheard.

"Jungkook? Why are you smiling to yourself?" Seulbi cocked an eyebrow at him and he stuttered, "O-oh, n-nothing, really," He smiled as nonchalantly as possible and she stared at him for a moment before shrugging.

"Okay well, I have to go," Seulbi looked up at him apologetically, and Jungkook automatically frowned.

"How about I drop you?" He blurted out without thinking, not that he regretted it - it could be another chance to spend more time with the girl.

"Drop me?" Her eyes widened. "It's okay, I was just going to take a taxi-"

"Of course not, come on," Jungkook motioned for her to follow him and after a faint nod the girl went after him, locking the door and the pair proceeded down the stairs.

"I apologise for the other day..." Jungkook mumbled, quietly but still audible. Seulbi was silent for a moment, before she shook her head slightly.

"It's okay Jungkook," She smiled at him. "Don't worry about it."

"Still... It wasn't right of me to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry."

Jungkook missed the crimson blush that painted her cheeks as she shook her head again.

The pair were currently in Jungkook's car, heading towards the place.
"Where is it?"

"Erm, it's a restaurant at the beachfront, the one with the big black and gold sign?" Seulbi replied, and Jungkook broke out into a grin at the coincidence.

"I know exactly which one you're talking about."

Ten minutes later the pair were parked and still.

"Thanks Jungkook," Seulbi glanced at him, offering a small smile and in return the male grinned. "Anytime. I mean it."

Seulbi gave him a full grin this time, before stepping out of the car with a wave and walking inside.

Jungkook watched her leave with longing. Screw it, he thought after sitting for a further 10 minutes , stepping out of the car and strolling up to the restaurant, making a deal with himself.