N i n e

Dear Luke,

I don't know how to put this gently, so I'll just write it how it is. Someone entered my name in the Goblet of Fire, and I am now competing in the Triwizard Tournament. I don't know who it was, or what the first task will be, but I'm still scared. The same thing happened to Harry. If you end up reading about it in the Daily Prophet, don't believe a word that's written. I'll do my best to keep you updated. Please don't be mad at me. Also, break the news to mum and dad for me. 

Hugs and kisses!

Violet

I stared down at the letter I had just written to my brother, debating on whether or not I should send it. "Harry?" I called, over my shoulder.

"Yeah?" He replied, coming up beside me.

"Do you think my brother will be mad at me?"

"Of course not. He loves, and cares about you. If anything, he'll be worried sick. Besides, I see no reason at all for him to be mad at you for something you didn't do."

I smiled, already feeling better, and hugged my raven-haired friend tightly around his torso. He slowly hugged me back, holding my waist gently. I could hear his heart beating faster, as my ear had been pressed against his chest.

That was when a completely new feeling washed over me. I felt so warm inside, as though I was being held in the arms of an angel. This feeling made me not want to let go of Harry, but I knew I had to. So, I did.

When we pulled away, I saw that his cheeks were turning pink, and mine were beginning to heat up. We were both absolutely silent.

Suddenly, someone walked in, and snickered.

"Flirting it up with spit-up girl, eh Potter?" Malfoy's voice sneered. We both turned, and glared at him.

"Shove off, Malfoy," I snarled.

"I would, but I don't want to. This is too hilarious. You actually think a hottie like her would date someone like you, Potter? Wow, you really are dumb."

Harry lunged at him, but I quickly pulled him back. "Harry, please, it's not worth it. Allow me,"

I whipped out my wand, pointing it at him. "Colloshoo!" 

Malfoy laughed, seeing as nothing happened. "Fine, I'll leave you lovebirds alone. Better hope your baby doesn't look like your boyfriend, spit-up girl."

I snickered, as he went to leave. I had used a Stickfast Hex on him, which I had learned from a book in the library.

"I'd stick around, but I don't want to." I said, causing Harry and I to burst into laughter. With that, we ran off, leaving Malfoy calling after us. 

"FILTHY BLOOD-TRAITORS!"

>>>

"Austing stinks!"

These were the first words I heard on the morning on my birthday. I frowned, looking around the corridors at everyone. People were wearing badges that read: 'Cedric rules! Potter and Austing stink!'

"Violet and Harry, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" A few Hufflepuffs chanted at me, while holding up a picture of Harry and I hugging in the owlery. I scowled, and picked up my pace.

"Violet! Hey, wait up!" Someone called from behind me. I ignored them, figuring it was probably only someone trying to tease me about something.