T w e n t y - T w o

I was on my knees, Harry on one side of me, and Cedric's dead body on the other. The cheers of the crowd soon became screams of panic. I couldn't cry anymore. I was struggling to breathe, while looking down at the huge wound in my stomach.

I wrapped my fingers around the handle of the knife, but Harry smacked my hand down. "Let Madame Pomfrey do it. It's going to be okay, come on."

Before he could lift me up, Luke and dad rushed to my sides. "What the hell happened?!" Dad cried.

"Come on, she needs help!" Luke shouted at him, picking me up bridal style. 

That was all I could remember from that point.

>>>

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Harry's face. My head was on its side, facing him as he slept with his head on my bedside table. I could see a few scratches on his face, but nothing major.

My body was a bit sore, but from what I could tell, Madame Pomfrey had healed me up nicely.

I turned my focus back to Harry, and couldn't keep myself from staring at him. He was just so brave, and so heroic. He had a kind heart, and the will to always do the right thing. I loved that about him.

Yeah, I loved it. I loved him.

For the first time in my life, I was able to look at someone, and tell myself that I was in love with them. That person happened to be Harry James Potter, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

But, one thought stopped me. He didn't love me back. There was no way a boy like him could love a girl like me. I was hopeless.

I didn't know how long I stared at Harry, but, it was long enough for him to finish his nap. When his brilliant green eyes met mine, I felt my face go beet red.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, lifting his head.

"Much better. How about you?" I replied, hoarsely.

"Alright, I guess. Turns out, Moody was actually a Death Eater in disguise. He's been drinking Polyjuice Potion all this time."

"I thought that was Firewhiskey..." I thought aloud, causing him to chuckle.

"They hid the real Moody in some chest. I think Dumbledore got him out."

"That's good. I hope he's alright. What did everyone think about Voldemort being back and everything?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, to be honest. Think they'll believe us?" He answered, glumly.

"I'm sure they will. I mean, who would lie about such a thing? It'd be silly for someone to think we're lying," I assured him.

"You know, when Lucius pulled you away, Voldemort and I had this...duel. Somehow the spells from our wands connected or something. But, I saw my parents. If it weren't for them, I would've been killed, and you would've became a Death Eater. I saw Cedric too. He asked me to take his body to his father."

I sighed, and placed my hand on top of his. "That must've been hard. But, at least you're okay."

"Yeah..."

For a moment, we were silent. I was staring up at the ceiling, while Harry looked into his lap. My hand remained on his.

After a moment, I finally spoke. "Harry?"

"Hm?" He responded.

"Do you know what it's like to love someone so much, you can't stand it, but you know they'll never feel the same way?"

"Yeah...it hurts..."

>>>

The next day, Madame Pomfrey let me leave, so I could pack my things to go home for the summer. Finally, it was the last day of school.

Luckily, I was able to fold my clothes, and neatly pack them into my trunk with a wave of my wand. It was never a bad thing to pay attention in Charms.

Once my things were packed, I left the Slytherin common room, in search of one person: Draco Malfoy. For what happened to me because of him, I was gonna kill him.

Fortunately, it didn't take me long to find the ferret-faced boy. Of course, he was with Crabbe and Goyle, standing beside a tree. I stormed over to him, and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "YOU TOLD YOUR FATHER YOU WANTED TO MARRY ME?!" I shrieked.

"Woah, chill out, Austing. Why would I want to marry scum like you?" He replied, cooly.

"Because of you, I was stabbed. My insides were twisted by the blade of a knife," I snarled through clenched teeth. "And it's all your fault."

He looked at me, his eyes showing nothing other than fear. "I-I didn't mean for that to happen!"

"Oh, but it did, Draco. It happened. So now, I'm gonna kill you with my bare hands."

I grabbed his shoulders, and tackled him to the ground. I drew back my fist, and pounded it into his face. Crabbe and Goyle tried pulling me off of him, but they got nowhere by doing that.

Malfoy was crying out, as I drilled my knuckles into the side of his head. 

"Violet? Violet, no!" Harry's voice shouted.

I ignored him, and continued. 

That was when several pairs of hands grabbed my forearms, and jerked my body off of Malfoy's. I struggled against who was pulling me back, kicking and shouting.

Finally, I was held tightly against someone's torso, unable to move. "Are you mad?" Ron asked me.

"Draco Malfoy, I'd watch my back if I were you! I will get revenge on you, even if it's the last thing I do!" I spat.

"Violet, come on. You need to calm down," Harry told me, pulling me away from the scene.

As we walked, my anger melted away, and turned to pure humiliation. What Harry thought of me now was probably so much different. He probably thought I was an idiot.

We stopped in an empty corridor near the Great Hall, where I caught my breath.

"You're lucky it's the last day of school, Violet. If a teacher would've seen that, you would've been suspended for sure," Hermione nagged.

"Well, I hope he knows that what just happened is nothing compared to what he's in for. I hate him," I mumbled, staring down at the ground.

"What did he do?" Ron asked.

"He told his father that he wanted to marry me, so he tried to kill me. That's why I was in the Hospital Wing," I explained.

"Why didn't you tell me, Violet? You could've gotten hurt!" Harry said, giving me a concerned look.

"I can handle things like this myself."

"Clearly," Ron muttered under his breath.

"Violet, you need to tell Dumbledore," Hermione advised.

"I'm fine, Hermione. I just need to cool down. I'll be okay."

>>>

After the long train ride back to King's Cross, I was finally stepping onto the platform. Harry stood at my side.

"Violet, I just wanted to say that even know I don't like what you did, I think you were really brave. Not even I had brought myself to do that, no matter how long I've been dying to," He told me, making my face go red.

"It had to be done."

"Well, I guess I'll see you next term. Have a good summer."

I threw my arms around his neck, giving him a tight squeeze. "Bye, Harry. You have a good summer as well."

After we pulled back, we headed off to find our families.