Homefront

Homefront:

"Recognized, Supergirl B-02." Audrey stepped out from the Zeta Tubes and saw everyone standing in the hangar tunnel.

Conner, M'Gann named him isn't that sweet!? His last name is Kent. Ha! Take that dad!! Conner Kent, M'Gann, and Aqualad watched Kid Flash fix Conner's bike.

"Socket wrench, thank you sweet thing!" Kid said as M'Gann levitated the wrench to him. He set the wrench down and noticed me coming up.

"Hey Supergirl!" Kid waved. I waved back, and the others turned, "Hi guys!" I said.

I took a seat on the other side of the bike and starting working on it too.

"Torque Wrench." Kid said.

"I have been meaning to ask, have any of you been having trouble juggling school with the team?" Aqualad asked.

"No." Conner said.

"Juggling is just one of my many talents. Socket wrench." Wally said.

"You have talents? Wow. And no, I am doing fine." I said. Wally glared at me. He knew full well that I was teasing him.

"Daily cheerleading practice has presented a challenge. Oh but my first loyalty is always to the team. This team, not the Bumblebee's." M'Gann said.

"Artemis starts school today, do you think she will have trouble maintaining her loyalties?" Aqualad asked. Oh Aqualad, she is not the mole.

"No, I think Artemis will do just fine. It's kid over here who I'm worried about." I say.

Kid glares at me again, "Nah, she'll manage alright." He said.

Is he actually being nice? Spoke to soon.

"I mean how much more hostile and annoying can---"

Suddenly an explosion threw us all back. I landed on the ground next to someone but I couldn't tell who. Once the smoke cleared I stood up and flew into the air. I looked around and saw water crash onto Wally and Superboy.

"Wally! Superboy!" I shouted. I heard something behind me and I dodged just in time to see a fireball sail past me. What the heck!? I look down and saw M'Gann and Aqualad get trapped in a fire cage.

"No!" I shout. I fly over to them.

"Supergirl! Get out of the cave!" Aqualad shouts as I approach. M'Gann is already unconscious. Aqualad sweating.

"No! I have to get you two out!" I say. I stand up and Aqualad shouts, "Supergirl look out!"

Alarmed I turn and something hard hits my torso. Immense pain fills my body and I collapse to the ground. About a few feet away is a chunk of Kryptonite.

"No." I say trying to stand. A red foot comes in my vision and kicks the Kryptonite closer to me. It rolls near my stomach and I start to shiver a little. My breathing becomes labored and slow. I thought I was going to pass out but Aqualad reached a hand through the cage and knocked the green rock away. His hand retracted and was burned a little.

"Go. Get- help." He said. I nodded and shakily stood.

The two intruders were busy elsewhere so I took my leave. I ran even though it hurt so much, I made it to the hallway and climbed into an air vent. I have to find a way out. To get help. I was to sore to move so I sat down and brought my legs to my chest and put my arms around them. I put my head against the vent wall and breathed in and out.

After a few deep inhales and exhales I continued to go find help. I found an exit to the vent and jumped out. I found myself in front of the zeta tubes, and ran behind a pillar. Who knows who is attacking.