Darkest

Nightwing and I were in the cave prepping for future missions and discussing what was happening.

"Dick is Kaldur right in saying it is the only way to pass the information and secure his position?" I asked. Nightwing scrolled on the holo-computer. He sighed.

"That's what he said. Apparently Artemis' death wasn't enough." Dick said tensing.

"It's not your fault. We all made the choice to go through with it."

The zeta tube computer announced new arrivals.

"Left them in the dust!" Impulse said grinning as he walked through the zeta. Blue Beetle not far behind. Nightwing and I shared a look.

"Left who in the dust? And what is that?" Nightwing said eyeing a device in Impulse's hand.

"Souvenir." Impulse said.

"Souvenirs are Beast Boy's thing, ese." Blue whispered.

"Oh really? I thought it was Kid Flash—"

"Can we get to it?" I asked tapping my foot.

"Sorry." Both said in unison.

"Aqualad attacked us with Icicle Jr the Terror Twins, and a ninja girl I didn't recognize." Blue Beetle said. Why does Aqualad want Blue?

"This is how they tracked Blue. I made sure they couldn't do it again." Impulse said proudly.

"So you brought foreign, possibly alien, tech into the cave? Rookie mistake." Nightwing snapped. I gave him a look. He needs to calm down if we are to be prepared for what happens.

"Alright. Give it here." Nightwing sighed. Impulse handed the device over and I left the room.

~<~<~<~>~>~>~

I was sitting on the couch petting Wolf when something snapped around his neck and shocked him. I leapt off the couch and cartwheeled over the coffee table and came face to face with Tigress aka Artemis. She had placed an inhibitor collar on Wolf and was planning to do the same with me judging by the other one hooked to her belt.

We squared off, and Tigress made the first move. She twisted and brought her foot to my face but I blocked it with my arm and pushed her back. She dropped to the floor and slid under me and got behind me.

She clasped the collar on my neck and I immediately couldn't feel my powers. Guess I'll have to work with the training Dick taught me.

She did a backhand spring and whipped out a bow staff. And I moved back into the kitchen and leapt up onto the counter to gain the higher ground.

I did an aerial over a swing that was made towards me. I jumped onto Tigresses back and swung my leg up and around her neck and pulled her to the ground using my weight.

Her head connected to the ground and she was knocked out. I quickly got up and ran to look for Nightwing and the others.

See, I could do pretty well without powers. But hopefully that never happens.

I ran to the training room and saw one of Terror Twins and Icicle Jr. in combat against Blue Beetle, Nightwing was against the other one. Aqualad no where in sight. Impulse and Superboy unconscious on the ground and collared.

Nightwing temporarily knocked down the twin. I raced to help blue Beetle but the collar around my neck began shocking my and I couldn't help but scream out and drop to my knees.

My scream alerted Nightwing to where I was and he didn't see Tigress blindside him and knock him to the ground.

"No!" I yelled.