Auld Acquaintance

Mount Justice
-December 31st

"We have reason to feel proud of yesterday's victories. But one thing has not changed." Aqualad said walking down the hallway. The rest of the team, minus Supergirl, were with him.

"Somehow the bad-guys we're getting inside intel on us." Robin said.

"Yeah, but at least we now know none of us were the mole." Kid Flash said. They walked into the main room and found Supergirl, Batman, and Red Tornado by the holo-computer.

"That's correct." Supergirl said.

"The mole was Red Arrow." Batman said.

"Roy?" Robin said, he didn't believe it. Supergirl showed no emotion.

"No way!" KF yelled.

"Batman That cannot be! He was Green Arrow's protégé, we've all known him for years!" Aqualad said.

"Unfortunately the Roy Harper we have known for the last three years is another project Cadmus clone." RT said.

"We've learned the real Speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming Green Arrow's sidekick. The clone was reprogrammed into having a drive to join the Justice League." Batman explained.

"Which is why he was so angry over any delays to his admission, and why he refused to join the team." Supergirl said.

"This Roy Harper had no idea he was a clone or a traitor, and his subconscious programming drove him to become League worthy. So he struck out on his own as Red Arrow." Batman said. KF shook his head in his hands.

"When he was finally admitted, his secondary programming kicked in, and he attempted to betray the league to Vandal Savage." Batman said, letting the information sink in.

"Fortunately, I had already deduced Red Arrow was a clone, we were prepared." Batman said.

"Savage was subdued, but Red Arrow escaped. He is now a fugitive, armed and dangerous." RT said.

"If you guys hadn't rescued me from Cadmus..." Superboy trailed off.

"What-What happened to the real Roy?" Robin asks. He looks over at Supergirl who stands there silently before speaking.

"We don't know, he isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead." Supergirl said.

"The clone Roy! The team will find him." Aqualad said, fists clenched.

"Negative. Red Arrow is a member of the Justice League now. Leave him to us." Batman said. His comm beeped and Batman looked at it.

"I'm needed on the Watch Tower, Tornado stay with the kids." Batman said leaving.

"Recognized, Batman 0-2."

Mind Link:

"Clone or no clone, Red Arrow was one of us. We will go after him." Aqualad said.

"Batman said stay here." Supergirl cut in. Everyone looked at her, she would be one of the first ones to say to get Roy. What's going on with her?

Suddenly behind them, Red Tornado sparked then shut down.

"Tornado!"

"What happened to him?"

"He's totally powered down! All functions off line." Robin said.

"Guys, I'm sensing a low level mystic force at play. I don't know if it caused this shutdown but now that I think about it, I was getting the same buzz off Batman." Zatanna said. (She did feel Supergirl but she just thought it to be Batman still.)