chapter 16-Awkward piano lessons

Lara's P.O.V

"So...Cara, what did you do today? I hope you didn't trouble, Mrs Huston much." I asked Cara as I kept my eyes fixed on the wet road.

It was raining heavily. 

"I didn't trouble her, mommy." she said as she enjoyed the rain.

"Do you know mommy, Jonah's mom taught me how to braid the hair. She is sooooooooo...good!" she said how good Mrs. Houston was gesturing her hands.

"Yeah, I know. And did you eat anything for dinner?" I asked.

"Yes, mommy. I ate veggie soup and pasta and I finished everything on my plate. Promise!" she spoke.

"That's like my good girl," I said smiling.

"Mommy, stop!" Cara shouted out of blue.

I suddenly applied the brake and it stopped in the middle of the dark road.

"What happened Cara? What happened?" I asked her nervously and started examining her body if she was hurt.

"Mommy, I am fine. Look-" she said pointing her fingers towards a tree.

I followed her finger and found a little white puppy shivering under the tree. There was a road-light near the tree.

Poor, puppy! Must be feeling cold.

"Mommy, please help him. He is feeling cold. Please-please-please help him." she cried.

"Don't cry, baby. You wait here, I'll bring him." I got the umbrella from the back seat and got out of the car. I walked to the puppy.

"Come here, you poor little thing." I said to the puppy and picked him up. I walked towards the car and opened the back door of the car.

"Mommy, take this and cover him," Cara said handing me the furry blanket which I gave her to save her from cold.
"No need of that, sweetie. I have an extra sweater, I'll wrap him with it. You wrap the blanket back." I said while I took the extra sweater from under the back seat and wrapped the little puppy.

"Mommy, can he live with us? " she asked with so much of innocence in her eyes.

Sure. Why not?!! I can definitely afford to keep him as our pet. Cara will also get someone to play with her in the apartment.

"Okay, you don't need to make a puppy face, sweetie," I said smiling.

"Mommy, you are the best." she gave me kiss on my cheek.

The puppy was feeling warm now and was sleeping quietly.

I got out of the back seat and opened the front door and took the driving seat.

*******

"Mommy, what should we call him?" Cara asked as I put the little puppy on the furry carpet.

I walked inside the kitchen and brought the fruit basket for him. It was quite big for him. He'll be comfortable in it.

"Ummm.....What do you think? What should we call him?." I asked as I placed the furry blanket inside the basket and then placed him slowly in the basket.

"Okay...We'll call him JoJo." she said looking at him smiling.

"JoJo! Nice name, sweetie. Okay, now it's time for bed. Let's go brush our teeth and then sleep." I said and carried her to the bathroom.

******
I woke up by the rays of the sun striking my face. I sat on the bed and moved my hands to wake Cara.

Where's Cara?