chapter 30 -Trying new things

Hope you'll enjoy the chapter. 

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Am I dreaming or is this for real?" Ian asked rubbing his eyes in astonishment.

Ash pinched on his upper arm which made him flinch a little but still, he was in utter shock.

It's not his fault. Whoever knows Mr. Adams very well would be as shocked as Ian is.

"Shane, are you seriously going to pack all your files and laptop inside the luggage for the whole trip? "Jake asked, looking at him in total shock.

"I am answering your repeated question for the last time now. Yes, I am not going to indulge myself in any kind of business work for this whole weekend." Mr. Adams said annoyed by his cousins' repeated questions.

"Sorry brother. It just that it's really hard to believe this. I mean...how? " Jake asked, looking in my direction.

I just shrugged my shoulder and winked at Mr. Adams to which he rolled his eyes which made me chuckle.

*******

"Glad that you all accepted our invitation and came. It's a pleasure to have you all here in our home town. " Mr. Chang expressed his pleasure.

He shook his hands with all the men and hugged the girls.

Mr. Chang has come to receive us to the airport.

Even being so rich, still, he is so humble and down to earth.

"Where is aunt? Didn't she come? " I asked as we parted from our hug.

"Oh don't ask dear. She has been so excited for your arrival in Beijing that she's been preparing various things for you all. You know it's one of the few times when our big house gets filled with lots of friends and relatives." He said smiling.

I smiled back. She's such a sweetheart.

"Let's get going. The cars are waiting for us outside. " Mr. Chang said as he leads us outside the airport where three Mercedes Benz were parked.

"Wow! Holy rich people and their cars! " Ash said dreamily as she checks out the cars.

Angie and I stood by the luggage chuckling at Ash's usage of words and awed expression.

"Three cars for three couples. You guys can enjoy your ride to our house in privacy since it's a few hours' drive. " Mr. Chang said grinning.

"Thank you for being so thoughtful, Mr. Chang. We appreciate it. But we are not couples. " Jake said pointing at himself including Angie, Ash, and Ian.

I guess Ian didn't like the info given by him as he hit on the side waist of Jake using his elbow.

Jake winced in pain a little and glared at Ian.

Poor, Ian!

"Yes, we are not a couple. " Angie said agreeing with Jake.

My little Angie is hit hardly by the love arrow. I thought.

"Oh, sorry. I guess, we misinterpreted your bonding with each other. " Mr. Chang said apologetically.

"No. Don't be sorry, Mr. Chang. It doesn't matter if we are a couple or not, we are still going to enjoy the ride to your house." Ian said smiling, genuinely.

He held Ash's hand and pulled her with him towards the first car. Ash was startled at first and taken aback by Ian's gesture but controlled her shocked emotions and walked with him, giggling. They both entered the car and after the chauffeur put their respective luggage inside the trunk, the car drove away.