chapter 21-I have a wife and a daughter?

Mr. Adams = Shane

Senior Mr. Adams = Shane's father

Don't get confused.

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Why was my mother acting so strange, doctor?" Mr. Adams asked as he sat on the couch beside Cameron and Mr. Parker.

Dr. Smith and I were sitting besides each other on the opposite couch.

Josh and Cara were seated on the other sofa.

The doctor cleared his throat and spoke after studying Mrs. Adams' reports.

"Mr. Adams, I am sorry to inform that your mom is suffering from memory loss."

Memory loss?

That's why she was acting so strange.

But how is it possible that she remembers everything including the things which haven't even happened.

"What do you mean?" Mr. Adams asked, furrowing his eyes brows.

"It is a very rare case, Mr. Adams. 1 out 10 people suffer from this condition after the head injury. The accident caused the back portion of her head hit the edge of the stair which damaged her cerebellum's tissues. In normal terms, we call this condition as a memory loss but it is not specifically a memory loss. It's a kind of condition in which the patient starts imagining things which are not real or haven't ever happened." the doctor explained.

"But why did she imagine Ms. Jones to be my wife and the little girl to be my daughter?" Mr. Adams asked.

"It's normal, Mr. Adams. Maybe she was thinking about your wedding with...I mean...you know before she fell down the stairs and hit her head." the doctor replied in hesitation.

We both looked at each other and had the same look on our face 'she was thinking about our marriage?' expression.

"Oh! So what do you think we need to do now to cure our mother?" Cameron asked expectantly as if she already knew what needs to be done now.

"Mrs. Parker, to cure your mother, there's only one thing you guys can do..." he said and paused.

"What?" Mr. Adams asked giving a questioning look.

"To agree to whatever Mrs. Adams says." he said as he stood up.

"What?" Mr Adams and I asked simultaneously in shock. We both stood up from our seats and looked at each other.

"So what you wanna say is that, Shane and Lara needs to act like a husband and wife?" Cameron asked, standing up.

"...and the little girl to be their daughter, Mrs. Parker." the doctor said looking at Cara.

Cara had no clue what was going on. She was just sitting there listening to the conversation.

"But how can I...? I mean...we? I mean us...?" I was unable to form a complete sentence.

"This is impossible. I am not doing anything. It's really lame." Mr. Adams said sternly and put his hands into his pockets.

The feeling is mutual, Mr. Creep.

"But Shane, this is important...for our mom." Cameron said, keeping her hands on his shoulders. 

"You'll have to do this, Shane." she said trying to convince him and made a puppy face.

"Yes, Shane. Your sister is right. Ms. Jones and you will have to do this for your mom." Mr. Parker said putting his hand on his shoulder.

"But..." he was cut of by senior Mr. Adams who was descending down the stairs

"Son, you'll have to do this. Your mom needs your help." he came down the stairs and walked towards his son. They went to one of the corners of the room and started discussing something.

I walked towards Cara and carried her in my arms.

"Mommy...what is happening?" Cara asked in whisper.

"Nothing, baby." I said tugging her hair behind her ear.

She bored her head in the crook of my neck. I started patting her back gently to make her sleep.

"Shane, I've already talked to Marcos. He said that he is ready to cooperate with this situation. They will come here only after everything gets settled." Mr. Adams said giving him an assuring look.

"Are you sure, dad?" Mr. Shane asked, dryly.

"Yes, son."

Mr. Adams turned towards me and walked up to me.

Why is he coming towards me?

"Ms. Jones, I know it's too much to ask for but will you help us to tackle this situation?" he asked looking into my eyes.

His eyes had mixtures of emotions in it. I was trying to figure out what was he thinking right now.

Do you want me to say yes?

"Umm...ye..." stop, Lara. 

Have you forgotten what you said to him at the party?

That you're a married woman. Then how can you agree to this? If you'll agree then he'll know that you lied to him.

"Mr. Adams, you know that I am already marr-" he cut me off by keeping his fingers on my lips and closed the distance between us. Now only Cara was the one between us.

"Ms. Jones, I already know that you're not married so just cut the crap." he whispered into my ears, huskily.

I shivered at that. He was extremely close. I could feel his cool breathe on my neck.

Wait...what? He knows that I am not married? But how?

I looked at him in confusion. He just smirked

"So I guess, your answer is yes, Ms. Jones or should I now say Mrs. Adams?" he winked and continued smirking.

Mrs. Adams? 

Me?

Hearing him call me Mrs. Adams brought a very unusual feeling into my heart...It felt good hearing him call me Mrs. Adams. 

What is happening to me?

"I...Mr. Adams..." I was trying to say something but all that came was just stuttering.

You're making me nervous, Mr. Adams.

"Yes! Mommy is ready." Cara blurted. She was wide awake now and was looking at him excitedly.

"Mommy?" Mr. Adams asked, confused.

He looked at me, confused waiting for an explanation.

"She's my sister. She calls me mommy. It was the first thing she called me after she learnt to speak." I explained to him.

He looked relieved. He then turned his eyes towards Cara and smiled at her.

"Yes, mommy is ready. Now come to daddy, let's go meet your grandma." he said, smiling. He took Cara into his arms.

"Yes daddy. Let's go!" Cara was way too excited. Everyone walked upstairs.

Daddy? Seriously, Cara?

I rolled my eyes and followed them.

********

Next chapter will be Cameron's P.O.V. to clear all the confusions of the readers, and it's not what you guys are thinking.

♡Don't forget to vote♡