22 | revelation

I left alone. I left the world, I was running,
to be by your side I was dying,
alone by your side I was flying.

"Lay down." he orders and I feel an exited nervousness bubbling in my stomach. I comply and sit on top of the white comforter on the large bed. I start to take my shirt off and his hands are suddenly on the hem."Clothes on Luna."

I feel my cheeks heating up despite of his friendly tone and I lower my eyes. He grabs my hand and I look upwards at his gentle smile. He lifts an edge of the comforter, "get in."

I do as he asks and he covers me with the soft material. He turns around and starts leaving the room and I feel my stomach drop.

"Alex!" I exclaim and he turns around, eyebrows raised in his beautiful face, "Please... Please don't leave me alone."

I see the same flicker passing through his eyes once again and he nods his head. I lift the comforter as he takes his shoes off near the bed. He lays down besides me while still clad in his jeans and shirt, and he places his arm under his head. I watch his face as he glances at the roof above us and then he slowly looks at me.

His eyes are vulnerable as they search my face. I observe the frown between his dark eyebrows and I allow my finger to reach towards them and smooth it over. The corner of his mouth lifts up in a brief smile and then returns to its serious expression. He looks so young, so sad.

"I don't know what to do." He tells me and i immediately know what he means.

"Neither do I," I reply while looking into his deep green eyes.

"You're too young Luna," his face is melancholic and his eyes are helpless, "and you're my student for god's sakes."

"I can't keep away from you," I admit and he caresses my cheekbone with his thumb.

"Neither can I, not since that club." He reveals to me, "I've watched you since the first time you walked into my classroom. I've tried to control myself but it's bloody impossible when i'm around you." 

"I don't want you to control yourself." I say and I place my head against his chest.

His heart is beating rapidly, mirroring mine perfectly. I place my hand over his ribcage and then look at him again from under my lashes. He's looking at me curiously and his eyes are quickly flitting between my features as if trying to memorize them.

"This feels right, I can't explain it." I say and he sighs, closing his eyes.

"Let's pretend that we're just two uncomplicated strangers tonight." he looks into my eyes and I nod. I feel his arms wrapping around me and I feel happy at the gesture.

I lay my head down again and I feel his hand caressing my hair and untangling the strands. The rise and fall of his chest and his heartbeats make my eyes drift close. I try to keep my eyes open for as long as I can but the rhythmic sounds of his body lull me to sleep.

***

My eyes open lazily as I regain consciousness. The morning light trickles throughout the room through the open curtains, and I feel my limbs still comfortably heavy from sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept this well.

Alex's arm is draped over my body protectively and I smile involuntarily at the sight. Why couldn't I remain asleep for a little while longer?

I look at his sleeping face. All the lines in his face are smoothed over and he looks peaceful in his unconscious state. He looks so boyish like this, without a care in the world. I look at the details of his face; at his carved out cheekbones, full lips and dark eyebrows. How is it possible that this man feels the same thing for me as I feel for him?