25 | uncertainity

My fingers restlessly drum on the leather steering wheel as I drive home.  Winchester has officially turned into the picturesque town with it's famous fall foliage. The weather has dropped considerably and it's near impossible to go outside without layers of clothing, scarves and gloves.

I love the cold. Everything seems peaceful and somewhat hopeful when the flakes drift downwards and the world turns white. I do enjoy summer, but it's just not the same to those days where you can enjoy a hot drink and curl up with a book.

And the outfits are fabulous, of course.

The gates open and I mindlessly drive inside and into the gravel floor. I park my car in the garage and open the door which leads to the foyer.

"Luna? Is that you?" I hear mom call me and i'm left surprised. It's been a while since I've spoken or seen her, she just recently came back from a trip to London.

My mother was born and raised in England and then came to America to attend Yale. She met my father while he was studying in Columbia and both fell in love. A year later they were married and then they had Poppy.

I walk into my mother's study and she looks at me and then smiles.

"Darling, I've missed you." she stands up and hugs me. I stiffen at the sudden contact and then manage to relax a bit into her arms.

"Missed you too, mom. How are grandpa and grandma doing?"

"They're fine, but both complained about how little they're seeing you." She says and I give a small smile, i miss them too.

"Mom i'm going out tonight, okay? I have a history project to do at a friend's" I lie and look at her reaction.

"Already with the projects?" She shakes her head, "fine Luna, of course you can go. Will you sleep over?"

I frown at that. Will I?

"Don't know mom, i'll call you and let you know." She nods her head and I excuse myself from the study, leaving her to plan the annual black tie fundraiser.

The fundraiser is one of the most important events of the social season, and mom has been organizing it for the last three years. She plans it to the last minimal detail and spend months preparing for the event. People from Manhattan as well as Winchester attend, everyone being of high importance in society.

I roll my eyes at this. Ugh, society duties. I shudder as I remember my cotillion. Well, the parts I do remember, I was high as a kite after all.

I turn the corner and enter my room through the open door. I fling myself on my bed and look at the ceiling.

Fuck.

My stomach can't seem to settle down as I think about Alexander. His face was so close to my own and his kiss intoxicates me. The memory of those marvelous fingers of his traveling through my body make goosebumps rise on my skin and I feel lust down there.

I get up from the bed before I drive myself crazy with need brought by thoughts of him. Turning the shower on, I jump inside the scalding water once i've stripped out of my clothes and revel on the feeling of warmness. The water cascades over my shoulders and I just stand there recharging myself after the eventful day.