35 | release

"You will go to the essential outings and then come straight to the hotel, where a teacher will chaperone you three. As you girls forced the teachers to mind you in their free time, if they wish to leave the hotel you'll have to go with them. Am I clear?"

"Yes Miss Duval," We answered in unison and I saw Ava roll her eyes at the ceiling. 

Miss Duval walked away and Mika sighed. 

"This is bullshit. We're supposed to accompany teachers around the city, no questions asked? So fucking unfair." Ava ran a hand through her fiery hair is desperation then crossed her arms.

"I know. They'll drag us to every shit hole in Paris just to show who's boss. I don't want to watch Ellis' wannabe philosophical meetups. I'd rather stab myself in the eyes," Mika stared at the blonde teacher, Miss Ellis, from across the hotel's restaurant. She was eating fruit and yogurt, and sipping on green tea like the stereotypical yoga gal she was. 

"At least Mr. Clarke's on guard duty today. I bet we'd be able to convince him to go to a bar."

"Fat chance." I snorted and stared at Alex from across the room. 

He looked mouth-wateringly gorgeous. He was wearing a suede leather jacket over black pants and a shirt. His hair was combed back and I wanted to run my fingers through the soft brown strands. I recalled what he said to me last night, or better, this morning. Alex liked to tease and make me think about all the things he could do to me. The anticipation was killing me - I wanted to grab him and have him take me on top of the freshly baked croissants. I'd pay to see the blonde bitch's face.

"You look like a serial killer," Ava said and I wiped the smile off my face.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and grabbed a plate. I grabbed a couple of croissants from the bar to kill the hangover coursing through me. Carbs and butter were all I needed at that moment. There was a free table at the far corner of the luxurious hotel restaurant and I walked towards it. 

"Dumb bitches," I heard Selena's voice as we walked by, followed by high pitched giggles. Already? It was barely nine in the morning and she wanted to pick a fight with me. I rolled my eyes and turned around.  

"Go fuck a horse, Selena. Huh. I bet that's one of your twisted fantasies, right?" I smiled and felt satisfaction at the way her face became beet-red, "Don't worry, honey. Fantasizing is a normal part of life, but I'd just look for a shrink if it gets out of control. We wouldn't want you to be caught naked in a barn like the cow you are, right?  Anyways. Enjoy your day and please drown in the Senne." 

I heard laughter and traipsed to our table, which overlooked the street beyond and taunted us with the promise of freedom. Maybe I could convince Alex to turn a blind eye on us. No, that would be suspicious - he can't treat me differently from anyone else. I sighed. Bummer. 

"God. Will she ever quit? She can't outsmart you," Mika rolled her eyes, staring at Selena with disdain in her green eyes. Selena had a sour expression on her face as if she'd mixed the finely-cut orange slices in the breakfast bar with sour lemons. I loved it. 

"I know. But it's fun to watch her squirm." 

***

"I can't believe we're spending your birthday inside," Ava huffed. 

"It was worth it, though," I smiled, reminiscing the night's events. It had been a while since I've gone clubbing, and I missed the buzz that came with the electrifying atmosphere. The last party I attended was certainly eventful. Alex protected me from that handsy drunken stranger, and it marked the start of something. The start of our relationship, whatever it was.