Chapter 8: Remnants: Two Months Later

Chapter 8

Remnants: Two Months Later

                Karla was clearly frustrated with Jayson as the guy did not tell her anything regarding the inspiration of his submitted article. He suddenly realized that it would be travesty if he publishes a story which speaks about Abby and William’s lost love. He made up his mind. Kukunin niya ang article mula kay Karla.

               “Ate, hindi na po pala iyan yung ipapasa ko” sabi ni Jayson.

               “Huh?!” Karla said, in irritation. “What is he thinking?” she blurted.

               “May isa pa po akong ipapasa ate”

               “Then give it to me. Now.” Sabi ng dalaga. “Make sure it is on par with what you have given kung hindi you are dead.”

                Jayson felt fear but he will do it anyway. He gave another article kay Karla.

                “Ito po ate.”

                 She must admit that the guy has literary chops. Karla surrendered.

               “Okay. Okay. You have chops in writing this kind of article. Jayson, can I ask you a question?”

Napalunok ang binata sa sinabi ng dalaga.

                “Would you mind if I send you on a training next month sa Palawan? I want you to become the next Feature and Literary Editor of The Luzonian.”

                 Hindi na napigilang ngumiti ng binata. He quickly said his yes to their Editor in Chief. Pagkatapos siyang paalisin ng dalaga ay hinanap ng binata si William.

                 On the other hand, Abby was busy fixing her things sa College of Home Sciences. It has been a month since she last opened her locker. The woody scent of these papers just reminded her of love letters she kept on her cabinet at home.

                 Ang bumulaga sa kanya ay mga regalo na pinilit pagkasyahin sa kaunting uwang ng kanyang locker. Since her break up with William, madami dami ring nanliligaw sa dalaga but she dumped them all.

                 “Another would-be suitor” sabi niya as she unwrap or dump gifts. Her eyes widened. She saw William’s name sa isa sa mga regalo.

                 “Abby, how are you? Is it okay with you if we meet on Friday?”

                 The letter was written over a week ago, Abby sighed.

                 “Gaga ka Abby.” Then she thought. “Hay. Hindi talaga kami pinagtatagpo ni William ah.” Saka siya nawala sa sarili.

                She quickly composed herself as she needed to fix things first before reminiscing has beens. It was over a year. She was still stuck.

                The only consolation Abby would her is to have William thinking the same too. She crossed her hands.

                Nasanay na siyang wala ng binata sa tabi niya pero hindi pa siya sanay na isiping wala na talaga sila. She made a move, tinext niya ang binata.

              “William, sorry. Ngayon ko lang binuksan yung locker ko”

               He replied. It was the first time they talk since they broke up.