Chapter 10: The Last Note

Chapter 10

The Last Note

This will be the last chapter of this novel. Salamat sa lahat ng nagbasa

                “Hi Lorraine” sabi ni William, making his first attempt to speak with Abby. She replied a small smile. “How have you been? You look so beautiful”

                “Pretty good. Thanks” maikling tugon ng dalaga. She was clearly uncomfortable. William could sense it and he was trying to bridge the gap. Then who would not be in their situation?

                “Drinks?” alok ni William. Abby nodded.

                Abby portrayed the painful silence William never expected. It has been a year and she got used to live without him. He would say compliments about Abby and the girl just returned her thanks. Then silence. They would engage in such awkwardness until they finished having their meals. William could not take it any longer.

                In desperation for Abby to speak, he decided to do his crazy antics.

                “Ang yaman ko ulit ngayon”

                “Bakit?” malamig na tugon ni Abby.

                “Kasi kasama kita. Kapag wala ka, mahirap”

                She responded with a faint smile but quickly changed her facial expression.

                “Kinaya mo akong tiisin for a year Will” sabi ng dalaga. He could sense the stench of bitterness from her voice. “At ni minsan hindi ko nakita na may pakialam ka pa sa akin noon, kaya nagtataka ako ngayon kung bakit mo ako hinahanap”

                “Abby” sabi ni William. Lorraine gave the talk to the hand sign to him.

                “Ako si Lorraine, I am not Abby” sabi ng dalaga. “Continue”

                “I am sorry” sabi ng binata. His voice cracked. He almost cried. “I am so sorry. Isang taon din akong nagdusa. Hindi lang ikaw –“

                “Then why left me. Iniwan mo ako noong mahal na mahal pa kita” sabi ni Lorraine. She is now on the verge of crying. “Nagpakatanga ako sayo William, I gave everything to the extent of blindly following you. Tapos, tapos?”

                William cannot speak. He is guilty.

                “Other than that, I am much better now. Naiparating ko na sa iyo ang dapat kong sabihin. Ikaw, kumusta ka na. Kayo?”

                He shook his head.

                “May and I are just a thing of the past.”

                “Talaga?” she said, in a bitter manner.

                William nodded.

                “And I made this para magkaayos na tayo. I want a new start.”

                Masyadong malabo ang sinabi ng binata para maintindihan ni Abby. Hindi alam ng dalaga kung gusto bang makipagbalikan ng binata o baka gusto lang makipag ayos dahil na guilty ito sa ginawa sa dalaga.

                “Hindi na ako galit sa iyo Will” panimula ni Abby.

                “How come? After all I have done? It has been a year since I left you out of the blue Abby”