9| Feelings and Fears

Dedicated to:Silentobserver1

Thank you for showing enthusiasm while reading! Your compliments always make my day :D

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"People don't meet eachother by accident, they are meant to cross paths for a reason"

~Anonymous

Claire's POV

It was a windy Wednesday evening. The susurrus of rustling leaves reaches my ears; outside the window pane, the outstretched, rugged branches of a nearby tree caress and thump on the glass causing a soothing rhythmic sound to fill the air.

I turned my gaze back to my two friends seated with me on a round dining table, in a dimly-lit cafe. Logan and Adriel were chatting and laughing for the past ten minutes about this book they were currently reading on Wattpad, while I was left alone with my tempting Iced Vanilla Latte.

I fisted my palm and lifted it upto my lips "Ahem!" I cleared my throat. Their attention immediately shifted towards me "Can someone care to explain why we're here? If we're here to discuss about Wattpad, then I'm leaving"

"Well, Claire..." grinned Adriel, eyeing me and Logan intently "James and I decided to take your pretend relationship to the next level but he couldn't make it today. So now, you guys have to pretend you're on a date and I'm invisible"

My jaw dropped in awe and I blurted "What is this? Some kind of nerd-dating-drill?"

"It sure looks like it is, Cookie Jar" Logan butted in.

I glared at Logan, clearly annoyed "Okay, enough of this nicknaming shit! Why the fuck do you call me 'Cookie Jar'? What does that even mean? A jar filled with cookies? That's lame!"

"Shut your ass Claire!" Adriel yelled at me as if I committed a horrible sin "It's such a cute nickname! Plus, it's from this amazing Wattpad book called 'Boundless Ties' and you're insulting my favourite author!"

"It's a really good book, you should check it out" Murmured Logan, leaning back on his chair while he ran his hands styling his beach blonde hair.

I groaned in frustration, throwing my head back. I always wondered why my two friends were so obsessed with Wattpad. What was so great about it? Logan, being a dedicated writer, was even writing a book and it had more than a fifty thousand reads.

"Okay! Let this pretend date...commence" Adriel announced pompously.

"This is idiocy" I shot a disgusted look in her way.

"I'm enjoying this" Logan exclaimed, winking at me.

"Don't you dare fucking wink at me!"

"You can't order me who not to wink at" he shrugged.

"Don't talk to me like I'm your best friend, you're my boyfriend, you should respect me!" I playfully got off the table and pretended to pour the coffee over him.

"Sit your ass down Choco Chip" he chuckled as he tried to dodge me, making tissue rolls and tossing them in my direction "You can't defeat this badboy!"

The moment I actually started enjoying our little fight, Adriel suddenly got off her seat ragingly. With swift movements, she angrily pushed me and Logan back on our chairs.

Her eyebrows were furrowed together; wide open, glaring eyes stared at us. Her frown spoke many words that were impossible to understand. I spotted a pink flush creeping up her cheeks as she folded her arms across her chest, angrily. Logan and I weren't used to seeing Adriel this mad and it clearly, took us aback and our smiles disappeared.