36| Always and Ablaze

Dedicated to: @choicebychance

Thank you so much hun, for making it so far into the story! I hope it interests you till the end :D

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Keeping secrets will always lead to unhappiness and communication is the key to love"

~Quotepedia

Logan's POV

"Logan!" dad's voice echoes in my ear "Wait for me!"

"Hurry up daddy!" the 7-year-old boy giggles enthusiastically as he pulls his new bicycle, by its handles, towards the park.

Dad comes ambling up to him, standing in the center of the path that meanders throughout the vast, lush green garden.

"You ready?" dad huffs as he kneels down on the dirt to face me.

"Always!"

A smile forms on his facade and he lift his head up to view the cloudless heaven "Weather seems good. Son, it's our eighth day trying out your bicycle, we'll make sure you learn it today, alright?"

"Yes, yes, yes..." I chant childishly, impishly getting on my bicycle with haste "...yes, let's go!"

Dad clutches the back of the seat meticulously and he ruffles my hair, setting the bicycle in motion. I start pedaling.

"Pedal faster, son!"

I pedal faster, feeling the adrenaline rushing through my veins. An involuntary gasp leaves my throat when the cycle tilts, but dad was there to help me.

My fingers curl tighter around the handles; my eyes remain glued to the ground that zooms faster past me.

My glare stays fixated to the path. The cycle tilts again but I balance it this time. With glee that ensues the triumph, I yell "Dad!"

But there is no answer.

I keep pedaling.

"Daaadd!"

I stop pedaling and whip my head around "Dad?" but he's not there.

An ear piercing shriek escapes me and I fall down, crashing under the weight of the cycle. The wound on my elbow starts to hurt and I begin to wail.

"Whoa what happened?" dad asks as he comes sauntering towards me and picks me off of the ground.

"I fell from the bicycle" I cry louder until my face entirely flushes crimson.

"So what?" dad dusts the grim off my clothes "You gonna cry about that? I'll show you something..." he lifts me in his arms and points towards the starting point "Do you see where we started? It's so far away. You rode the bicycle all the way, by yourself! You know what this means?"

"That I learned?"

"Yes! Yes, Logan, you learned!"

This leaves me utterly buoyant and I feel a newfound energy consuming my body. Wriggling out of my father's grip, I jump on the ground "Let's do it again!"

"Really? You're not hurt?"

"Nope!" I jump back on the bicycle "You'll be there behind me right?"

A proud smile is plastered on dad's lips as he leans down to place a kiss on my head.

"Yes, always"