39| Agony and Affliction

Dedicated to:MioneAnnabeth

Thanks buddy, for being so awesome while commenting and giving me shoutouts! I appreciate it highly! <3 Love ya' !! XD

Big thanks to my bae iiNoxxii for these fantabulous covers!! They're damn cute omg I love you!! Do check out her amazing books guys, she really is one of my favorite authors!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I never wanted to go away and the hard part now is leaving you all. I'm not afraid, but it seems as if I should be homesick for you even in heaven"

~Louisa May Alcott

Claire's POV

As dusk approached, the susurration emanating from the rustling leaves of the California sycamores could be heard throughout the neighbourhood. It was a time so serene that all my worries would get carried away by the mighty gale's drifting from the vast Californian oceans.

I sat on a bench, listening carefully to this stranger who narrated his story to me, advising about what I'm supposed to do in this situation.

"You see, Claire, sometimes you have to be the smart one" Connor said, his eyes fixated on the slice of the blazing sun setting "You're just a teenager now; you haven't even faced the real world. You say that your boyfriend doesn't trust you, oh well, go out there and you'll find that no one is trustworthy. I was a teenager once and I would make a big deal out of the tiniest of circumstances. For instance, I have a twin brother and I always felt insecure about myself because the thought of him being better than me perturbed me but I learned to grow out of it, knowing that brooding over this won't do any good"

His words sparked in me, what I would call shame. It was true. Indeed I was making a big deal out of this "What should I do?"

"Let it go" he looked at me "Be the smart one. Kill 'em with kindness, you know? If he truly loves you, he's gonna come after you and if he doesn't, you should go to him. Because, if you want this to work out, sometimes you have to compromise and even though it hurts knowing that you're sad about the right thing, it's better to forgive the other person"