Should've Shifted: Her Beta Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Sparks, electric and perfect ran across my skin as he touched my stomach, pulling my tight dress down my body. I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips as I felt his hands explore my body, tracing very dip and curve gently as if I was made of porcelain. He was careful and precise in his movements while I was demanding and rushed as I took his shirt and pants off of him. I couldn't get enough of him, he was absolutely perfect and I needed him to be closer.

"Nathaniel whatever your middle name is Lacrus, stop being so slow and careful. I need you right now, I need you to show me that what I'm feeling is what you're feeling as well. Please, reassure me that you're not too scared because I refuse to continue with someone too cowardly to show me the extent of what they feel for me." I spoke knowing that that would cause the reaction I wanted.

"First off, my middle name is Aluxander. And second off, I'm just trying to show you just how much I appreciate what you possess. But you are far too impatient, so I guess I'll just have to speed up the process to make you happy." He replied with a mischievous look. He began to slowly tease me with his mouth, removing my remaining clothes when they prohibited him from kissing skin. "Is this better for you, my little Katherine?" He asked before making me gasp when he kissed the sensitive part of my neck.

I woke with a start. I could feel the extra heat radiating off of my body after my vivid dream. As my heart rate began to decrease from its jackhammer speed, I recalled what I'd seen and felt in my mind. I knew that what I had seen had happened, I knew because my mom was the one dreaming it and I was the one whose mind link had slipped open to see what my mom was seeing and feeling. My mom had explained that she didn't remember much from the night of my conception, but what she did remember wasn't something a mother shares with her daughter. Now I knew why.

I could still feel what my mom felt. I could feel the heat and the passion. I could feel the desire. I could feel the racing of synchronized hearts. As her daughter, I had to say that was quite disturbing. But what I felt the most was what upset me. I could feel the sparks that were evident every time skin came in contact with skin. And that could only mean one thing, my biological father was my mother's mate and she knew all this time, yet she still ran from him and refused to return. And worst of all, she lied to me. I had asked my mother if she had found her mate every time I imagined what mine would be like, but she always told me she hadn't found him yet.

The only good thing I got from that memory playing in my mother's head was that I now knew where my hair color, smile, and eye color came from. I now knew that I looked remarkably like my father. And I knew his name, Nathaniel Aluxander Lacrus. I took a deep breath, closed my mind link with my mother, and cuddled back into my covers as I drifted to sleep again.

I spent most of my day, after waking up for a second time, watching movies and texting Elliot about his mate. I made sure that Elliot was happy with his mate, that he was comfortable with his mate, and that he was safe with his mate. Elliot assured me that he was elated with Adam, that he was completely comfortable with him, that Adam would protect him, and he'd use protection just to make me feel better. I promptly ignored him after that. It was about six o'clock right now and I continued to watch a movie and listen to my mom moving around in her room. My mom was preparing for her date and I was pissed about it.

"Does this look alright?" My mom asked as she walked into the living room. She was wearing a beautiful deep blue dress that looked amazing on her, a pair of earrings that I had bought her for Christmas a few years back, and simple heeled boots. She had her warm faux fur coat draped over her arm. She was waiting for my opinion, and all I could think was that she had lied.