Her Beta Chapter 4: Trouble Already Starting

Chapter 4:

I opened my mouth to answer when there was a knock on the door. Our attention immediately went to the door as it opened. A beautiful girl with oak brown hair and green eyes stood in the doorway. My head tilted to the side again. She smiled at me lightly before her eyes found Vane and her face lit up in happiness.

"Vane, there is a call for you in the office. It has something to do with having the Bane pack's third-in-command and his mate coming to visit." The girl said staring contently at Vane.

"Thank you Audra." Vane thanked as he walked up to her and kissed her head. Vane then turned toward me and Oliver. He faced Oliver as he stated, "This conversation isn't over." I just looked at Oliver confused.

"I'm just going to ignore my older brother. Do you have any siblings, little wolf?" Oliver asked after Vane left the room. I shook my head, indicating that as far as I knew I didn't have any sisters or brothers. Oliver smiled. "Be glad, they can be a real pain in the ass." He stated with a small side smile.

I looked around me. I began to walk from my position, always keeping an eye on where my mate was. I walked to the desk and looked at the papers, photos, and reminders that lay upon the desk. I noticed a notebook and pen and picked it up, I'd find some use for them. I move from the desk to the bed. I notice that the sheets are a navy blue color, that the other blankets are all solid colors, and that the pillows are a light green.

I climb onto the bed and crawl across, aware of my mate's gaze on me. I hop off once I'm across the bed and walk over to the dresser. I notice the minor things that the dresser contains, such as the deodorant, a few pictures, and a small bucket slightly filled with some school things. I take out the school ID and look at the picture of my mate on it. What surprises me is that he attends the same school as me and he's in the same grade.

I hear my mate trying to quietly approach me. I turn before he can get within a foot of me, and hold up the ID. He stops and looks at the ID I'm holding becoming confused. "This is my school ID for this year. I'm a senior this year. What about it little wolf?" He asks me remembering not to walk any closer, though I can see he wants to. I scowl at the nickname, I'm not little. "Hey don't scowl. I did ask you what your name was, you just never answered." He states with a small smirk.

I'm about to answer when another knock sounds on the door. Audra again opens the door. She looks to Oliver before speaking. "Your brother wants you to come help. Apparently things just got complicated and he wants you to help him compromise as beta." Audra said holding the door.

"Fine, I'll go help him." He sighed running his hand through his short hair. He looked at me for a second. "If you need anything, then just walk five doors down on the left of this one. I'll leave if need be, despite how much my older brother may want my help." He said smiling. I smiled a little at him, his face became a little brighter at my smile. He then turned to Audra and walked out of the door.

I looked at Audra waiting to see what it was that she wanted and why she was emitting a sense of worry that was evident in her scent. She turned to me and smiled, I smiled back and tilted my head to the side. She took a deep breath and closed the door before sitting on the bed. I climbed up on the bed to sit next to her.

"I'm so worried. I mean it's his birthday and I want to make it memorable, but I don't know how to lead into what I want to give him for is birthday." Audra rambled to herself looking at her lap the whole time. "I should probably explain. Maybe explaining this to someone would help me decide more efficiently. Yeah that makes sense." Audra stated to herself before turning completely to face me. I moved to face her as well, crossing my legs in front of me.