Chapter Two

Parker's POV

I slowly opened the front door to my house and took one step in.

"PARKER!"

I sighed and stepped in fully. I carefully close the front door and leaned against it and waited.

Three...

Two...

One...

Abby bursted in from the living room. Gabby ran in about a second later.

Abby and Gabby are twins. My older sisters. Abby has long blond hair, while Gabby has short. They both have light blue eyes and some freckles. They are both really, really skinny. Me and Nathan always make fun of how they look like twigs.

"Parker! I have an English project due in a week! Read this book and write an analysis on it!" Abby said tossing a book and paper at me. I barely caught it before Gabby started too.

"Clean my room, i'm having my friends come over and it's a mess." she said crossing her arms and flashing a fake smile at me.

They both pranced up the stairs and left me alone, with a book, paper, and a dirty room to clean.

"Don't do it."

I turned my head to the left and saw Nathan coming out of the basement.

"Nate!!" I cried. I dropped everything and jumped into his arms.

Nathan is my older brother. The twins are 19, seniors like me, but i'm 18(they both failed freshman year), while Nate is 22 and in collage.

"Why are you home!?" I said letting him go. He is supposed to be in school! Why is he home?

"I decided to stay here for this year, I'm working online, don't ask, so I'm here for awhile." he said smiling and bending down to pick up the stuff I dropped.

Nate is about 6 feet tall, and is very well built. He has brown, really curly hair, like me. We also have the same eye color, green, and both have deep dimples.

My mom always says that we look like we could be twins.

"But really," he said putting the book and papers on the desk, "don't do this stuff. They need to do stuff on their own."

I sighed. He has been gone a while.

"Nate," I said walking up the stairs. He followed me and we went into my room, "they've changed since you've been home. They boss me around with everything. And if I don't do something, they pull the, 'Mom likes us better then you and were older, so listen to us!', card."

We sat down on my bed and I put my bag next to my crapy purple desk.

"Still, Park. Don't listen to them. They can't get the satisfaction that they're bossing you around. Abby needs to do her own homework. Gabby need to clean up her messes. They need to get through life without so much help."

"I don't know Nat-"

"Look at you, Park! You're such an independent woman. Only because you didn't have short cuts through life. You worked and had the guts to try things. Park, you're my little sister. Be your own person." He finished.

I bursted into tears and hugged him.

"That's - the - sweetest - thing - anyone - has - ever - said - to - me!!" I cried onto his chest.

"I love you, Park," he said squeezing my slightly, "don't ever forget that."

"Love you too," I whispered.

We both let go and I ran my hand through my curly, untamable hair. Nate had curly hair too, but his cooperates better then mine does.

A thought suddenly hit me and I was tempted to ask Nate if he knew...

"Hey Nate?" I questioned after about a minute. He was looking around my room and picking up pictures as random things I have all over.

"Sup?" he replied looking at a picture of me and my old friend, Amanda, but I called her Mandy. She passed away because of Heroin overdose about three years ago.

"Do you know who moved in at the corner? Two houses down?" I said as casually as I could. He put the picture down and intently stared at me.

"Don't hang out with those boys, Park. I heard from our neighbors that they were smoking."

"Why is that so bad? A lot of adults sm-"

"They're teenagers."

I stopped talking and closed my mouth.

Damn!

I thought I could've made some actually friends instead of his being that loner girl who always sits alone at lunch, gets picked last at gym, and never gets partners in any of my classes. I always work alone.

"I won't hang out with them," I said putting my hand behind my back and crossing my fingers, "I promise."

Hell yeah I'm going to check them out!