Chapter Thirty Seven

Harry's POV

Lou sat down and opened the book in front of him. He ran his finger over the words and stopped.

"This book is the only known book on the moon goddess. It explains everything about mates," he cleared his throat and began.

"The Moon Goddess is the most important asset in our supernatural world. She determines who we are destined to be with for the rest of our natural lives. She picks the other half of you when she senses the time is right. This is what elders call a mate.

A mate is your soul-mate. Hence came the shortened name of "mate". The way to know who your mate is, one; smell. The smell will overcome you and it will make you forget everything your doing. Two; eye-connection. When you make eye contact with your mate for the first time, you will never want to look away. And lastly, three; the first kiss. Even if you have had kissed someone before, your mates fist kiss will be your first kiss all over again.

The only way to reproduce is with your mate. This is why it is so important to find your mate, to make your Pack stronger.

In your lifetime, you can only have one single mate. This is the proper way to live your life. But in some cases, which is very, very rare, a male werewolf may have two mates.

It is said that The Moon Goddess plans this to make something happen in the future. There are legends of how brothers and sisters find that they have half siblings. In a very famous story, Grace and Mark, Explains what will happen if that should ever occur.

Excerpt from Grace and Mark...

At a young age, Grace finds out that her father, is really her step father and she doesn't have full siblings. When she was old enough, she searched for her biological father. After many long months, she came across her real father, the best known alpha in the country. She also found her half-brother, Mark.

When they fist met, they hung out all the time. They became best friends. They ran in the woods everyday, they told each other everything, until Grace found her mate.

Mark got angry because she hung out less with him. She spent more time with her mate.

One faithful day, an opposing pack struck an attack upon the whole pack. They were unprepared and out numbered. Odds were against them. The whole pack but the alpha, Mark, Grace, Grace's mate, and Grace's mate's "friend" were left.

They were cornered, and Grace turned to her mate and his friend to help, but when she looked next to her, he mate was on the floor-dead.

Her mate's friend betrayed them and was secretly with the opposing pack.

In the end, no one lived to tell the truth, but there was one person that survived and told his tale of woe.

The alpha of the attacked pack.

The Moon Goddess intended this small war to happen. No one knows why, but it was clear she wanted to get her point across. It is said by many elders and werewolf historians that this will one day happen again to remind people of that terrible day.

The only difference will be that this battle will be bigger then two packs. The Supernatural World War. All supernatural beings will be in this battle. Sides will be chosen, millions of lives will be lost, and friends will be betrayed.

The cause of this War? The descendant of the only survivor."

Lou stopped reading and everyone looked at him with open mouths and wide eyes.

"Who's the descendant?" Zayn asked interested.

Louis went through a couple pages and shook his head. "Doesn't say who the survivor is, or the descendant."

"Do you think that could happen again? I mean, the War?" Niall asked looking slightly scarred.

Liam shook his head, "I don't think so Niall. I don't think any of us are the descendant. We all know where we came from."

That makes sense. I know who my ancestors are, and everyone else does. As a werewolf, it is very important to know that.

"Maybe we should talk to the girls now." Ed said starting to stand.

Park, Ava, and Cam all ran in with huge smiles on their faces.

Ava looked at all of us and cleared her throat, "We wanna go out."