Chapter Forty-Eight

"Cause it's too cold for you here and now so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater..."

Song: Sweater Weather

Artist: The Neighbourhood

*NO DUDES! COLTON NEVER CHEATED ON ADRIANNA. THAT PART OF THE LAST CHAPTER WAS DELETED COMPLETELY*

p.s. I'm a fly bitch (tuh)

Good Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT:

Adrian:

I know that I'm a weakling when it comes to living up to my word. I didn't promise myself or anybody that I was going to finish hashing it out with Serena but I should've. In pure honesty, it's like we needed some type of closure. No matter how fruity that sounded for the two of us. That's just how my thinking was going.

It had been a week since the bash. Yes, a full week. And it was now a dreary Sunday evening. The November air was pretty brisk this time around. It was practically winter and my fingers felt as if they were frozen to the swing chains that I had wrapped them around. I could've invested the time to search for some gloves before I left the house but that would've took a whole millennium. Who wears gloves anymore?

Especially, us teens.

With that being said. I had nothing more to complain about when it came to the weather. I took it upon myself to not dress to properly for the impending season. Only Mother Nature can kill me now.

My legs kicked foolishly at the wooden gravel that was planted on the lot of the park. I believe when we were kids we called it mulch? Yeah, that's right. It was the stuff that those ignorant bullies would make you eat when you never listened to their rules during a game of man hunt. I could still feel the taste of the mulch till this day.

The wind was silently gliding along in the air just like my body was as I sat perched on the swing. I didn't feel the need to be a child and kick off to build momentum, then feel myself soaring through the sky. Even though I liked doing it from time to time. It made me feel free. Like, I was some sort of bird that was just waiting to be unleashed.

Serena and I would always try to see which one of us could 'soar' the farthest. We always ended it in a tie. That's only because we said that we wouldn't just leave one another on the ground still trying to flap away while one of us took flight. It sounds cheesy, I know. That was just how we were. Just a thing that we both did ... together.

It didn't take long for a tear to go rolling down my cheeks after that. Why are you crying, Adrianna? I seriously didn't even know. And because of that, a foolish laugh escaped my body but it didn't last long. The tears overpowered any other emotion that I so desperately craved too feel. It wasn't shocking. Only me being my indecisive self.

I didn't even bother to wipe away the tears. I just let them fall since that's what they needed to do anyways. My neck tilted forward, with my head doing the exact motion. Allowing my eyes to catch sight of the mulch that I could see in between the part of my thighs. I saw how a few tears had managed to wet some of the wooden pieces. To stop myself from being reminded of the fact that I was crying I just kicked those waste less pieces away.

Well, they weren't waste less. That was a bit mean of me to say. The mulch was just doing its job at catching the things that fell at this park. Breaking the fall of children from the jungle gym. Capturing the tears of mine. Yep, it was just doing its job. Helping things to function.

A lot of things weren't functioning for me.

It's been a week since I've been home from the bash and I've had yet to see my dad. Not my actual dad but my dad. He still hasn't been back home since he left the day of the huge confession. Mom hasn't been sane either.

We barely even acknowledge each other now. I find it amazing how fast things can actually change between people. One minute, you're telling that person that you love them and the next you're wishing you never loved at all. I don't wish that. And I don't think anyone should ever wish to not love at all. Love is a form of caring. If you wish for people to care, then you must wish for yourself to love.

I cared about my mom. Hell, I cared about my parents. I love them. I really do love them. But I just said those things in the heat of the moment. I don't actually hate them. I don't think that I'll ever allow myself to hate them. They are my parents. So instead, I found myself being a bit dramatic and selfish of the whole situation.

When I found myself replaying the night that I found out that my dad wasn't actually my dad last night in bed I couldn't help but beat myself up about it. It was harsh of me to say the things that I said and overreact the way that I did because I didn't even take into accord the emotions that my dad was feeling.

My mom had cheated on him. Not only was it a drunken mistake but it was a drunken mistake with one of my dads closest friends. He must've been feeling so hurt and betrayed back then. I know he still does now. Except, throughout the years he's developed a great shield of fake smiles and happiness to mask the pain on the outside and the inside. He's a trooper. I'll give him that one.

I completely get it now. Only up until recently because my dad and I were in the same position. Minus the baby for me but it was still the same. The person we devoted ourselves too. All of our time, money for the gifts to give on those floosy holidays, and the physical aspects of ourselves; wasted. Only because that person who we trusted upon to love us back unconditionally threw us away.

They made it that easy. The worst part about it was that they did it with a friend that we believed would always have our back through anything. They would be the one to jump in front of a bullet for you to save your life.

Except, that was the bullshit part. They weren't protecting you from the aftermath of the trigger. Instead, those trusted people were the ones that had pulled it on you.

Worst of all; without any hesitations that could possibly stop them; they shot that gun. Dead. They had left us dead and stranded. Not even stranded. That was inaccurate because the whole time.

The. Whole. Freaking. Time.

That trustworthy friend was smiling in your face. Making the worlds best poker players own poker face look like a piece of shit. It's crazy how easy they pulled their tricks.

I don't know what else to even think about anymore. Just know that if my dad ever comes back home I would apologize because I have also been selfish about my own feelings. When I wasn't the only person hurting. That includes my mom too. I should probably apologize to her as well. Not because she's my just my mom but because she could have gotten rid of me.

She could've killed me. I appreciate her letting me live though. For loving me even when I reminded her of her mistake. To be the reason for all the trouble caused in our house now. I appreciate her for not doing that though. For not killing me. I'm pretty sure I love her a lot more now then I did before.

It was completely dark by the time I cleared my head to come back to reality. Actually, I didn't clear my head. My insides are still crazy but I just created a pathway for me to escape easily. All around me it was completely quiet. The only sound able to be heard was the wind rustling the leaves of the trees.

Killing them off of their limbs one by one.

When we were younger, Scott, Serena, and I would make my dad rake up the leaves in the front of the house this time around every year. We would make him rake the leaves into the biggest pile he could possibly make. We also made sure that their were no other stray leaved left scattered around the yard.

It was that simple to have some type of joy when we were younger. When we would bombard the pile of leaves with our bodies it was like the best feeling ever. For one, we were playing in leaves and that was always a fun time and for two, we were doing it with the people we loved. That made it even better.

Times weren't like that anymore. We couldn't just pretend we were kids anymore and just jump into leaves and start a full on war with throwing them at one another. I wish it were that simple. Life wasn't simple though. Everyone should know at least that.

It didn't take long for my presence to go unnoticed by the lack of not bringing my phone with me. I just didn't want to be bothered by anyone. Nothing against them. It's just ... sometimes ... you just want to be by yourself.

I looked at the now occupied swing beside me and saw Scott sitting there. He didn't look at me nor did he even say anything. He just continued to look at the empty field in front of us that housed a field of grass and a few trees. You could see the moon rising perfectly from here. I'm surprised this is the first time I've actually taken an interest to watching these sorts of things now.

Calming was what it was.

"How did you find me?" I asked him after watching the moon rise fully into the sky. It was shining down on us bright. In all of its full glory. Beautiful. I turned my head to look at him. He was still staring out into the field with a soft expression on his face.

"You're not the only one that comes out here when they want to be alone, Adri." I tried to hide the smile that was building up on my lips by just turning my head to face in the direction his was. Nothing now was capturing my attention really. But it wasn't like the view was really boring to look at. "What's going on with you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Everything. Everything, is going on with me. "Nothing." I'm such an idiot for lying. He can always tell when I'm lying to somebody. It's like it's his developed sixth sense and I completely hate it.

"Nice try." He cracked with a small laugh. I couldn't help myself but to join in with him. I was foolish for trying to pull the wool over his eyes with that. "Now really. What's going on? It's Serena isn't it?"

I nodded my head. "That and ...," That's when I stopped myself.

Not that it completely blew my mind but I never told him about what had been going on with my parents. The only outside people that knew were Colton and Serena. I told them not to bring it up to anybody but it's not like I could trust Serena anyways. She's gonna do what she wants to do. Say what she wants to say. And I could no longer stop her.

"You're being dramatic with the pause here." He spoke impatiently. I had to tell him about it. He was Scott after all. My best friend. I told him everything just like I told Serena everything. He deserved to know. I didn't care anymore.

So, I told him everything. With tears coming as a package deal along with my descriptive detailing. He didn't say anything. He didn't ask any questions or try to stop me from continuing on. He let me cry, and talk. Talk, and cry. Only then when I gasped out the final words he had stood up from his swing and pulled me into his familiar hug.

I hugged him back just as tightly as he was hugging me. This is why I loved Scott. For reasons just like tonight. All I needed was a friend that would listen to me and not say anything. Serena was no longer that friend. Scott was still here. I didn't want my best friend to leave me.

No. This was Scott. And I needed him to stay.

~

Scott and I didn't waste our night away at the park after he consoled me. We parted ways about ten minutes afterwards and I made my journey of the short walk home. It was just a few blocks away from my street. I'm not that lazy as I claim myself to be.

I walked the sidewalk quickly. Not in too much of a hurry because I do believe we have a neighborhood watch program and I'm not gonna lie, the people in the watch could put fear into you if they really wanted too. That's what they were trained to do after all.

As I think about it, I really am a big scaredy cat. I just said I was scared of the neighborhood watch. A lot of things have been surprising me about myself lately. I can't even say anything in my defense even if I wanted too.

When I finally reached my street, it didn't take long for me to get to Colton's house. Only two houses were separating us from one another. My curiosity for some reason had gotten the best of me this time. My head craned down the road to look in our driveway and see if my dad's car just so happened to be parked there again.

It wasn't.

My face fell a bit. I didn't know where he was and I doubt my mom knew also. He could've left us for good for all I know. He probably did. I wouldn't blame him. We kind of ruined his life in the first place.

Trying to think about something else my mind wandered off to Colton. Mainly, because I was standing in front of his house. I didn't see any lights on in the front so that must mean everyone is in their rooms. Or maybe they just don't have the lights on. Yeah, whatever. It wasn't like I had my phone to call him or anything.

And that would be stupid of me to throw a rock at his window considering I don't trust my throwing skills at the moment and there wasn't any tree he could climb down anyways. That completely sucked. The normal inside of me thought to just be an American and knock on the front door until someone answered but that's being a pest.

His parents are hard working people. I don't want to bother them when it comes to the sleep that they most likely need. I'll always see him tomorrow morning since tonight was a goddamn school night. Everything is just ruining my flow. I can't catch a break for anything.

"Adrian?" I heard Colton's voice ring out from the side of me. The direction my house was in. Would I be to much of a girl if I said my heart just started beating drastically at the sound of his voice? I hope not. I don't like sounding to love struck but even in the smallest of things you just can't help it.

When I turned on the heels of my sneakers to look at him I felt my legs carry my body towards him until I was wrapped tightly in his arms. A silent sigh of relaxation washed throughout my tense limbs and I could feel myself just sinking into his hold. This was my comfort zone. Where I felt the most safest.

His arms that had snaked their way around my back given me one last squeeze until we had both pulled away from each other. I guess you could say that I just really wanted to see him.

"I didn't really talk to you much today." He said softly. He was right. We had only briefly sent messaged to each other throughout the day. Mine had came to a stop though since I didn't have my phone with me.

I sighed. "Sorry. I went to the park but I decided to leave my phone at home since I needed a bit of r and r."

He didn't respond after that. Instead, he just reached for my hand, entwined our fingers together as usual and turned us around so we could walk the short distance back to my house. I didn't know what time it was but the moon didn't rise until about nine. So it had to be just a short bit past that. I'm sure not many people were asleep. It sure did seem like everyone were though.

"Me being the romantic man I am ---," He couldn't finish just yet because I had laughed out a small chuckle. He wasn't all that good with romance type stuff. We knew he had a way with the words but not all action. That was fine though. "Hey!" He exclaimed. A small nudge on my shoulder from his was sent my way. It didn't cause me to stumble and fall though. That would've been embarrassing. "I can be romantic!"

"I believe you!" I nodded on. Encouraging him to continue on with what he was trying to say. And he did just that.

"Anyways ... I went to your house to check on you but when I knocked on your window I had just assumed you were already knocked out. Figuring since you haven't been getting much sleep lately ---"

I gasped at him. "And what gives you that sort of impression?" He was right. I haven't been getting any sleep at all but I thought I had did a pretty good job when it came to covering up that aspect on my face when it came to makeup.

"Princess, your bags have bags underneath them." I pursed my lips together, rolling my eyes at him along with it. I really felt confident about my concealer this past week too. Leave it to Colton to notice it. My imperfections. I didn't want him to look at me like I was perfect.

I'm not. I know I'm not. No one is perfect and if they say they are then I give you permission to beat them on the head with celery because they are lying to you.

"Whatever." We reached the porch of my house now in no time. I let go of his hand to stand on the step that led up to the door so I could be eye level with him. It allowed me to see all the perfection that his face held. Literally, this boy could be a freaking model for one of those high fashion agencies and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be out of a job ever. "Is this where we dramatically say goodbye like Romeo and Juliet did on her balcony?"

His signature smirk took place on his face due to my stupid humor. He raised a hand to brush a stray hair from my face to place behind my ear again. His touch left my skin feeling electrified. This boy made it that hard for me to take him right here on the porch of my house. Then the neighborhood watch would really be up my ass.

I reached a hand up to my cheek to wipe away the blush that I knew had formed but I clearly only knew that it was just going to make it worse. He stopped my from doing so by taking my face into his own hands and rubbing his thumbs along my cheekbones.

"See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek," He whispered to between us. I'm sure I'm as red as a tomato now. I leaned my head in a bit closer just to skip the next few lines and speak.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." This was one of my favorite plays of all time to read. It surprised me that Colton even knew it.

We heard a car door close by off in the distant of the street. That didn't stop us from finishing up our complete silliness. "By and by, I come:--to cease thy suit, and leave me to my grief: to-morrow will I send. other just yet." I whispered Juliet's line a few stanzas down from where we had been.

"So thrive my soul--," Colton exclaimed in a whisper yell. He too leaned his head in a bit closer to mine. Well, close enough to have our foreheads touching now. He still kept his hands on my face. A feeling of comfort. No longer embarrassment.

"A thousand times good night!" I exclaimed it the same way he had just did his line and that left us to chuckle a bit. "We should really call it a night," I said."

"No! It's getting to the good part!"

So I continued on. "I shall forget, to have thee still stand there, remembering how I love thy company."

"And I'll still stay, to have thee still forget, forgetting any other home but this."

Why was I completely loving this?

"Sweet, so would I: yet I should kill thee with much cherishing. Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." I whispered my final line.

"Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast! Would I were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest!Hence will I to my ghostly father's cell, his help to crave, and my dear hap to tell." I could literally feel every vein in my heart bursting with a sudden energy. It was empowering. Love. I felt love coursing through my veins.

Before I even had the chance to say anything else he placed his lips onto mine for a slow, yet passionate kiss. It didn't feel like all the other kisses for some reason. No. This one, this kiss, felt so much better. We belonged together. If a guy could reenact a whole Romeo and Juliet scene with you and that guy happened to be Colton Knight?

He was a keeper.

I groaned slightly when he pulled away. I just wished we could stay in this fairytale type moment forever. Too bad we couldn't. I personally wish school was a person just so I could track him or her down and shoot them in the ass. School ruins everything.

"Who knew that you were a fan of Shakespeare?" I asked. Turning my head to the side like a curious dog.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm full of many different surprises, Princess. You will find that out as we go on." Now, I was completely sure of him. He had a lot of things that I needed to unravel and divulge myself in. I was up for the task of finding out every single surprise.

"Goodnight my Knight." I smiled. "And may bugs not bite you in the ass to kill your peaceful sleep."

"Goodnight my Princess," He replied. "I love you. I love you so much."

He moved his head forward to supply my cheek with a soft kiss then he pulled away. I hope being in love feels like this every single day for the rest of my life. He's exactly what I needed. I need him forever. He's my forever. Colton.

"I love you too. Probably a lot more than you love me."

"Impossible!" He fanned off as his took long strides backwards to reach the sidewalk. "I don't think you ever could."

"Never say never," I sung the intro to Justin Bieber's hit song.

Colton rolled his eyes. "I said ever, Juliet."

"Whatever, Romeo." I rolled my eyes back at him. "Goodnight."

With one final smile. He's been doing that a lot more lately. Smiling more than smirking. I liked it.

"Goodnight." And with that my Romeo was gone to fight of his sleep demons in his own humble abode of a castle.

__________________

Hey Laughers!

So how was this chapter? It was mainly a filler but there are only two more chapters left in this book until I start writing in Like Totally 2. It's been a crazy ride with Like Totally but it's not exactly going anywhere.

How bad do you ship Coldrian because as I was writing the Romeo and Juliet bit, which I remembered a majority of it due to my endless reading (hee-hee), I almost cried about my stinking love life. I WANT A COLTON DUKE KNIGHT AND I WANT HIM NOW OR I WILL RIOT!

Ask me questions on my ask.fm too (link in my bio). Ask me a lot of questions. Anyways, that's all folks. Also, the lines of Romeo and Juliet aren't in order. I skipped a few lines so it would go with the scene. That's all. --- Korrie <3