Chapter Fifty-Two

"But my head's fillin' up fast with the wicked games, up in flames..."

Song: Tennis Court

Artist: Lorde

Olly Olly Oxen Free! Olly Olly Oxen Free!

We used to say that while we were playing hide-in-seek in the dark to let everyone know it were safe to come out. Just a tip if you ever play and don't trust the seeker.

I'm fuckin' dope!

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:

Adrian:

The sun wasn't shining as bright as it had been when I awoken hours later. Actually, the sun wasn't shining at all. It was storming. Irony. Pure, pure irony. I'm feeling a bit stormy on the inside and the weather just had to make me feel even more depressed about everything.

Maybe you should just stop sulking. Yeah. That could be an option.

Or ... maybe my mind could just shut the hell up for a few hours to just let me be brain-dead. I hate the fact how we always think. Why couldn't we have an 'off' button when it came to our thoughts? Sometimes, we just needed to shut ourselves up. Just think about it. What if people weren't exactly hurting us but yet, it were the words we were saying to ourselves?

What if in all actuality nobody were really doing anything to us at all? It's just the words we were telling ourselves. Making us angry. Sad. Depressed. We were basically our own enemy? I believe that. I could believe that. I'm sure anyone would believe that. To think I'm my own bully ...

"Ah, you're awake." A mundane voice sounded as it carried further into my room. My eyes adjusted from the sleep it were carrying. I wiped away the eye boogers that I knew had developed in the corners. I hated those. So irritating to get out on occasions. I didn't even want to look at my appearance in the mirror, right now. I can only say that I looked and smelled like pure shit. "You've been sleeping for most of the day."

When I finally bothered to turn my head a bit to look at the female nurse, she looked excited to be working. I say that with complete sarcasm as well. The nurse had gray follicles peeping through her strict, principal-like bun that were sitting on the back of her neck. Her face was none pleasant either.

She had wrinkles for days. I didn't quite understand how so since she really didn't look to be past forty-five. Maybe she had a tough life as well. The life that brought upon early aging. What if she had been a mistake-baby that met her true father, then, been crashed into her drunken other father and landed in a hospital? I would have so many questions for her!

Starting with why she hadn't done anything about those wrinkles just yet. That can't be me. I refuse for those wrinkles to happen to me. They will happen if you keep frowning about shit.

Like. I. Said.

I am my own enemy.

"You really are a beautiful girl." The nurse spoke up. A blush didn't even come up on my face like it normally would've if I had received that compliment from anyone else. I don't know why. I haven't known a lot of things for quite some time. "If only you would stop frowning so much. Every time I've came in here to check on you, you were frowning while you slept." Told you. I didn't have any words for her after she said that.

"Now, I know I'm not the one to be giving any advice ---" Nope. She isn't the one. I don't want any. "--- but ... I recommend you stop being so down about whatever is going on with you." It isn't that easy lady. She grabbed a clipboard from a little tray attached to the wall and walked over to my I.V. bag to check on my vitals. "Try to be easy about some things because if you don't then you end up like me." A dry, humorless laugh escaped her insides.