ch.10

*~*~* A couple of days later *~*~*

I woke up way too early with it being summer. It was only  4:30 in the morning. I got up and put on my running gear. I put on a black tank top, gray shorts, black Nike shoes, and my just-do-it-later sweater. I jumped out my window so I didn't have to see anyone. I loved to run, not at vampire speed but at human speed. Why? It helps me think. I could run for hours and not care. I was focusing on my breathing when I a twig snap from behind me. I turned as quickly as I could. A huge black wolf was standing behind me. Sam, the alpha of the Uley pack. I found out that after everything went down this past winter, parts of the treaty were disbanded. Like the part, we can't be on each other land. This was to keep the peace between both sides. 

"Morning Sam, sorry I didn't mean to mess up your patrol." I went leave and keep running but he stopped me. He looked at me.

Why can't you read minds like your brother this would be easier if you could.

"Actually I can but I can turn it off and on unlike him. So what do you need."  I sat down on a nearby rock. 

Hold on I'll change into my human form. He walked a little ways away behind a tree. A few seconds he came back into view. He sat down on a log that I and Emmet had broken a few summers ago. That is a story for another time. 

"So what do you need to talk to me about?" I questioned him.

"Don't kill me but I'm here to talk to you about Seth." He paused but they kept talking when he realized I wasn't going to say anything. "I know why you won't even try with him. Edward explained it to me. About your past and why you're so guarded of yourself."

"Remind me to rip off his head later...both of his heads." My comment made him laugh and shake his head.

"They can't do anything about it. The Volturi. Even if they tried we could beat them. We won't let anyone hurt you. Your family to the pack now. When Seth imprinted on you, you were adopted into the pack life. Think about giving him a chance. A date... That's all I ask." Sam starts to walk away.

"Sam," I called after him. "What does it feel like to imprint as an adult? I saw throw Renesmee's mind but she was a baby went it happened and she has only loved Jacob." He weirdly looked at me.

"Did you not feel it when Seth imprinted on you?" I shook my head. 

"Not a damn thing. I didn't know it happened until I heard Edward say it." 

"That is weird. Have you picked up Nessie's gift yet?" I nodded my head this time. Nessie had learned how to see other people's memories. Sam walked in front of me and put my hand against his cheek.

I'm standing in a living room. No clue who's but I'm here.  I heard a giggle from behind that i didn't immediately recognize.  I turned to see a younger Leah and younger Emily sitting on a loveseat talking and giggling away.

"Hey bab......" Sam walks through the doorway and stops mid-sentence. I could feel what Sam was feeling. His and my heart stopped beating. The world stopped turning. The only light that seemed to come from was Emily. Butterflies danced in our stomachs. Everything was black and white in the room beside Emily. 

There was so much feeling in the memory I couldn't handle it. I pulled myself out of the memories and grabbed a tree to steady myself.

"Are you ok?" Sam grabbed my other arm and wrapped his other arm around my waist to help me get steady. 

"Yes, That was just a lot at once. I was expecting it. I don't do emotions a lot."I let go of the tree and took a few steps out of Sam's arms. 

"One I don't think that is proper English. Two I don't think any of you  Cullen really have Emotions except maybe Bella, Alice, Esme, and Carlisle." He snickered." Anyway a date...Just one...think about it." with that Sam walked away from me. I slowly walked back to the house thinking of everything that was said and happened between me and Sam. As I walked into the house I could smell dogs. God, I swear we're going to have to call someone just to get the stink out of the house.

"I agree with you, but since no human can smell what we smell, they'll never be able to get it out of here, so you might as well get used to it sweetheart." Edward walks up behind me from the other side of the yard.

"One stay the fuck out of my head. Two don't you go telling anyone else about my past. That's my job to do! not yours. The next time you do that I'll make sure Bella has to go buy a sex toy just to get some kind of sexual enjoyment." I snapped at him. All he did was chuckle and walk into the living room. Everyone was in there. Including Seth. Do I face this demon now or take a nap? Sam's memories popped back into my brain. Damn it, I really have to do this. 

"Seth...we need to talk." I kept a blank look on my face, I made sure he was going to follow me before I turned and walked upstairs to my room. We entered my room and I started to grab a new outfit for the day. I paced them on the edge of my bed. 

"I'm giving you a chance. We're not dating so don't get that idea in your mind. A date...that's what your getting right now is one dating. If it goes well... we'll see what happens. If it goes bad you'll never get another chance. Understand?" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him with a cold stare. He looked like a kid in a candy store. He walked up to me, wrapped his arms, and twirled me around like I was a rag doll.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much I promise you won't regret it." He said still twirling me.

"If you don't put me back on the ground the date won't happen at all." I threatened him. Seth put me down.

"When do you want to go? I have late-night patrol starting tomorrow until Monday." Seth rambled on. 

 "Tonight is fine. I don't want to have to deal with Sam and Jacob if you miss patrol. Now get out. I need to shower and get this dog smell off of me the best I can."   I pushed him out the door...well more like tried to push him. After he left I walked into the bathroom and took a hot shower. No matter what I did THE DOG SMELL WOULDN'T GO AWAY WHAT THE HELL? I just gave up. I'm going to smell like a dog until I go back to school. I walked out of my bathroom and began to towel dry my hair

"Oh honey your not wearing that," Alice said from behind me. She was holding up the shorts and tank top I picked out. Damn vampire super hearing.