ch.11

Regret... I have regretted many things in my life before, I'm hoping this isn't one of them. I had an hour before I had to go downstairs for my date with Seth. I know what we're doing, I know what I'm wearing, I know how I'm doing my hair and makeup, what I didn't know is how this date will end.  Seth seems like a nice guy. However, I'm not a nice person. He does not know me, I'll probably just hurt him as I did to everyone else. A little knock came from my door.

"Come in," I shouted from my bathroom. Demetri walked into my room with a smirk on his face. He walked across my room and lay on my bed.

"Are you doing this? The date?" He asked. I just nodded my head. "Why? I can tell you don't want to."

"A promise is a promise. I promise Sam I would try, so I'm going to." I sent a glare his way. I walked over to my vanity and started to do my hair. Demetri just shrugged his shoulders. "Now get off my bed and out of my room. I need to get ready and you don't need to be in here when I'm changing." I hear him sigh and the spring in my bed squeak from the weight shift. From the mirror I watched Demetri walk towards me.

"We can run away now and save you the trouble of doing this." He whispered into my ear. That is very tempting. 

"No, she can not. She's going on this date and you will not be stopping her." Alice was the one who pulled him away from me and pushed him out the door. She always knows the right time to come in. "I can't stand him!" Alice slammed my door. 

"He was just joking. We've joked about it for years." I placed a bobby pin in my hair. Alice grabbed another one and started to do the other side. 

"I know, he was no joking." She scolded me. "Besides 90% of us in this house have super hearing and one of them is a literal child and will tattle on you if she hears." Alice put the last bobby pin on my hair. I now had a three-strand braid going around my head. I started to apply makeup while Alice grabbed my outfit. Alice laid out for me a red dress, a beige scarf, and beige-heeled boots.  I walked over to the clothes. I placed my hand on the dress. This was the softest thing I have touched. 

"Are you ready?" Alice asked me after I got done getting dressed.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed. I really hope this is at least a decent night. We walked down the stairs to the living room. Bella was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Are your nerves?" Bella sat next to me. I shook my head.

"What is there to be nerves for? We're just getting dinner." I smoothed out my dress. I heard footsteps approaching us. I looked over Bella's Shoulder and saw Jacob and Seth walk into the room. Seth was wearing a short sleeve black button-down, a pair of dark blue jeans, and White Nike shoes. I feel like Alice picked out his outfit too. Note to self, I can not let Alice dress me and my future family the way she dresses Edward, Bella, and Renesmee. 

"Alice don't pick my outfits for me. I can put together a cohesive look without her." Edward came out of nowhere. "I can't speak for the other two." He wraps his arms around Bella.

"Are you talking about me?" Bella looked up at him.

"Of course he is darling." Alice patted Bella on the back. "You would look three seasons behind if it wasn't for me and Edward if you think that is cohesive then maybe you need some help. Now it's time for you two to get lost and have fun." Alice hugged me goodbye and nudged me closer to Seth. 

"Are you ready for this?" Seth walked over and held his hand out for me to take. I got up without taking his hand.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I started to walk out the door when someone grabbed me.

"Hey, take it easy on Seth. He didn't get to choose who he imprinted on. So don't be a complete bitch to him. Give Seth the same chance you would if it was Shawn Mendes taking you on a Date." I laughed in his face.

"The day Shawn Mendes asks me out is the day I'm a rich stuck-up blonde." Jacob snickers.

"Sounds like you are describing  Rose," Jacob said laughing. I sent him a side glare. He may not be wrong but I don't like him saying shitting things about my family. 

"Seth comes on, I would like to be back before midnight." I walked out the front door with Seth right behind me. "No fucking way. You have a 1988 Chevrolet Pickup. Who got you that?"

"I was my dad's before he died. We worked on it for four summers. I finish it a couple of months after that screaming match with the Volturi." It is nice how they redid it all. They painted it dark green with a brown seat and wood dash.

"You guys did a great job." I looked out the window as we drove out of Forks. We sat in silence the rest of the way. Seth pulled into a little restaurant.

"What is this place?" I asked. The building was a small pink one-story that looked to be like an old-fashioned Diner. It was smaller than the one in forks.

"This is The Jukebox. I've come here since I was little, every Saturday night my family would eat here. It's my home away from home." He jumped out of the car, walked over to my side, and opened the door for me.

"You know I can open my door myself." I jumped out of the truck.

"Just trying to be a gentleman." He smirks. I just rolled my eyes. It was somewhat cute. Before we could even walk through the door I could smell the french fries and burgers being cooked. We sat down at a pink and white booth and just as we sat down a waitress named Mary came up. She looked to be in her late 60s but, she look good for her age.

"Hey, there honey." She ruffled Seth's hair. "Who is this lovely young lady you brought with you tonight?" She looked at me and smiled.

"This is Jasmine Cullen she's a... a friend." Seth hesitated when he was trying to figure out what to call me.

"Well, sugar pie the way you look at her is the way your dad used to look at your mama. So we'll see if that friend status lasts long." She say as she was walking away. Well...now this is going to be a long and interesting night.