Kidnapped by the Daleks

I didn't see the Doctor for a week, and I was able to relax and confront my emotions. After a long time thinking, I realized that I couldn't fancy the Doctor. Though I forgave him, I didn't think it would be the same as it was on Gallifrey. We would always be on the run, always travelling, and I didn't know whether I hated or loved the idea of it. By the end of the week I decided to swallow all of my feelings about the Doctor, and travel with him occasionally as a friend. Moments after I had made up my mind, I heard the loud purrs of Sexy's engines. My hearts skipped a beat when the Doctor came out of the TARDIS, just like they did before the Time War, but I gulped down the constricting knot in my throat and blinked.

"Good to see you, Gemstone," the Doctor grabbed me and pulled me into a suffocating embrace.

"Nice seeing ya again, Doctor. How long's it been for you since the New Humans?" I asked the Doctor as he released me from our hug.

"Thirty-seven hours, twenty-six minutes, and seven seconds. Rose and I went to Raxicoricofallapatorius to visit an old enemy," he cleverly used his Time Lord perfect concept of time on me.

"Alright then, where to?" I grabbed my jacket and ran into the TARDIS, only to find an angry Rose staring at the monitor. She was watching the Doctor and I, and she was angry. I gestured for her to follow me, and made my way down the TARDIS corridors to find my old room. The old girl arranged herself for my room to be right next to the Doctor's, which stayed permanently grounded at the start of the hallway, but it made Rose cringe. I dragged her into my room and told the TARDIS to make sure the Doctor wouldn't find us until I wished him to.

"What do you want?" Rose groaned and tried to leave, so I locked the door with my sonic.

"We need to talk, young lady," I explained to her and she raised her eyebrows. "I know you're in love with the Doctor, and that's fine, it's bloody fantastic that he has someone to take care of him. I don't mind, I'm not in love with the man, you can have at him," I took a shaky breath and continued, "I know it all looks like we fancy each other, but that's old news. We used to love each other, back on Gallifrey...we were going to get married," I trailed off at the memories. I remembered planning our wedding, it was going to be simple and quick, with only our closest friends and family. We were going to let the TARDIS plan it all, the old girl practically begged us, sending telegraphic pictures of her plans in our heads and disobeying when we refused. "The Time War came, against the Daleks, and we cancelled. We were fighting a war, not falling in love. It changed both of us, molded us into soldiers instead of the lovesick Time Lords we used to be," I spoke gently as a tear threatened to escape. "We aren't the same people, and I don't think we would work as a couple ever again. I don't plan on trying, he's yours to chase after," I told her as blinked away the tear drops threatening to drop, full of days that would've been if not for the Time War.

"I've been treating you like a piece of garbage! Oh, Gemstone, I am so sorry. I was jealous, without even realizing it, and I let it get in the way," Rose hugged me, sniffling a little bit herself from our breakthrough. "Can we start over? Fresh start?" she begged me with her brown eyes pleading to me.

"Of course, Rose. But I must warn you, if you go after the Doctor, you have to chase him, and that requires an awful lot of running. Not like we don't already do enough of that, but be careful, rule number one: the Doctor lies," I warned her and unlocked the door to find the Doctor trying to sonic it open himself.

"Hello, Doctor," I laughed and cursed the TARDIS for letting him find us, only for her to hum insults back and puff hot air at me. "Now, now, Sexy, no need to be feisty with me," I scolded her and turned back to the Doctor, who frowned at me. I shrugged him off and smiled at Rose, before pushing the Doctor out of the doorway and heading to the control room.

"What were you talking about?" the Doctor asked me as we started to fly the TARDIS together on random.

"You," I told him simply, oh, how he'd go nuts over that! He was already puzzled and knitting his eyebrows in deep thought when Rose joined us in the console room.

"America, 1773. I'm guessing...middle of December, close to the Boston Tea Party. Nice American thing to do once in a while," the Doctor briefed before my body was encased in the blue light of a teleport. It must've been a pretty shabby teleport, because my head suddenly exploded with pain and I blacked out.

~~~~~

"Well, look who's up! How was your snooze?" I woke up to the voice of the Doctor.

"About as nice as how we're on a Dalek ship," I muttered as I saw the interior of our prison cell. It was plated with bronze dalekanium armor, nearly impossible to get through. I rubbed my hand, noticing that I must've been searched since I didn't have my sonic on my finger. These Daleks must've been smart, knowing all of the tricks I had up my sleeve for them. "So, Doctor, on a scale from impaled by a Dalek's eyestalk to tortured by a pepper pot, how bad is this situation?" I joked with him to break the tension that was obvious between us.

"I would say killed before regeneration sounds close," he smiled and we laughed together, leave it to the Time Lords to make a joke out of dying. "Oh, and there's our kidnappers," the Doctor murmured before grabbing my hand as we heard Daleks approaching.

"The Time Lord and Lady will obey, or their human companion will be exterminated," a Dalek shouted at us, threatening our Rose Tyler.

"Where's Rose, what've you done with her?" I interrogated the Dalek that spoke, worried about the poor human we were responsible for.

"The human is in the TARDIS, she is safe unless you disobey," the Dalek exclaimed. She was safe, the Dalek could be lying, but they would most likely lie about her being in danger, not safety. The TARDIS must've had time to protect her, or else she would be our bargaining chip.

"You can't get her. The TARDIS is keeping her safe, so you can't get to her. Doesn't that make you angry? Something the Daleks can't get to, I bet it bothers you a hell of a lot, doesn't it?" the Doctor chided the five Daleks in front of us.

"The Doctor and the Gemstone will supply a Time Lord," a different Dalek caught us up.

"Well, we're all that's left, so good luck finding one...oh, damn," I flinched back and cringed away from the Daleks as I realized their plans. They wanted the Doctor and I to give them a new Time Lord. They wanted a baby.

"You're not getting one. I wouldn't have a child with Gem, let alone, let you have it," the Doctor shouted at the Daleks, clearly enraged by the idea like I was. But the words did sting a little bit, there was a time when I did want to have children with the Doctor, but not anymore, there's no chance.

"You will obey, or you will be exterminated," the Daleks roared with their robotic voices and snapped me out of my fantasies of the days that could've been.

"You know what, now that you've threatened our lives, I might consider. Now, leave the Doctor and I to discuss the matters," I smiled smoothly at the Daleks. The Doctor stared at me, impressed by my little lie. "Always wanted a Dalek babysitter," I chuckled after the Daleks left. "So, something brilliant could be very useful right now," I encouraged the Doctor, who ran up against the walls of our cell to see if there was the slightest flaw.

"They built this cell perfectly for us, we can't get out, I'm sorry. We're going to have to die," the Doctor apologized and gave me a hug.

"Now, love, why say that when we've got a plan?" I mischievously smiled at the Doctor and winked. "I think we can do something clever, if we convince them we're on board, don't you?" I proposed to the Doctor.

"Well, I hope you're as good at lying as I am," he muttered, obviously not liking my plan, but it was our last shot.

"Oh, I learned from the best," I laughed and grabbed his hand in mine as we heard the Daleks approaching again.

"Who would that be?" he pried, bracing himself for the arrival of the Daleks and squeezed my hand.

"You," I answered him simply. He was the universe's best liar, even if it was for the good of the world in the end.

"Have the Doctor and the Gemstone decided their fate?" a Dalek asked us with their monotone robotic voice.

"We have, and we will give you our baby if you let us, and Rose Tyler, live," the Doctor lied to them, with the perfect poker face.

"The Doctor and the Gemstone must show their affection," the Dalek demanded.

"Well, that's a little extreme," I winced as the Daleks came closer.

"The Doctor and the Gemstone must show their affection with a kiss," a Dalek cleared up for us. I sighed in relief, only a kiss, that wasn't bad.

"If that's all it takes to convince you we're not lying," the Doctor shrugged and grabbed my waist. 'I'm sorry' he mouthed to me, before pulling me closer to him. Our lips clashed and moved together, my hands hung around his neck before I ran them through his soft hair. He pulled me even closer by my waist and shifted his hands to the small of my back. The kiss meant more than just to assure the Daleks, it made up for all of those years alone, it was exceptional. It was a short and sweet kiss, one hopefully more enjoyable than his recent kiss with Cassandra. After the kiss ended, I rested my head on the Doctor's chest in an embrace.

"That was different," he whispered into my mess of red hair. I grinned like a giddy child and broke away to face the Daleks.

"That good enough?" I asked them with a slightly defiant tone.

"It was for me," I heard the Doctor say to himself in a squeaky and high-pitched voice, but all I could picture was Rose green with envy. I pushed the thought away, I was saving our asses, not acting in a soap opera.

"The kiss was enough. You will report your progress tomorrow," the Daleks commanded us and I cringed backward, into the Doctor's arms. He shook his head subtly, which filled me with relief. I thought of a clever little idea as I beamed at the Doctor.

"I have to use the restroom, too freshen up," I told the Daleks and they moved their plunger-like eyestalks up in down.

"The Gemstone will come with us," a Dalek ordered me. I waved at the Doctor and winked, the poor man was playing with his lips and looking at the floor, silly Doctor.

"So, how many of you are there?" I asked the Dalek as it escorted me down hallways covered in dalekanium armor.

"We are five strong," The Dalek answered with pride. That wasn't too much, that wasn't enough to patrol this whole ship, so sneaking out wouldn't be difficult. Something caught my eye in a closet sized room in the halls, I saw the glitter of the large ruby on my sonic ring underneath a tan trench coat. The Daleks were gullible, I could find a way to snatch them back. We stopped in front of a door, unlabeled, and the Dalek pushed me towards it. I opened the door to find a bathroom that would be normally found in human five-star hotels. It was very classy, but a bit too posh for my liking. I grabbed a hairbrush that was in a basket full of moisturizers and mouth wash, and brushed my hair. My hair was an absolute mess after being teleported, I didn't understand how the Doctor was able to keep his perfect hair intact. I flushed the toilet and ran the sink, trying the mask the noise of the door. I opened it a bit to find a Dalek with my back towards the door, so I crouched down behind its back and threw my hairbrush at the door. It turned it the direction and I followed its back closely, trying to be in its blind spot. After the Dalek had faced the door entirely, I raced to the room and seized the Doctor's sonic screwdriver and my ring and hid them in my jacket pocket. I ran back to the Dalek and tried to think of a clever lie before it turned to face me.

"Sorry, the door wouldn't open so I had to get out the other side," I told it and let it lead the way back to the empty cell, which wasn't empty anymore. I walked into the cell to find that they had put a small cot in the prison, and it had the Doctor's eyes bulging. I beamed at him and jumped onto the bed next to him.

"Hey, sweetie," I used a pet name to make sure he knew that we were only going to trick them, nothing more. "Guess what I got for us," I smiled and grabbed his sonic from my jacket. I handed it to him and slipped my ring on my ring finger.

"How did you manage this?" he asked me as he tucked the screwdriver in his pinstriped suit to conceal it.

"Now, you doubt me? Silly Doctor," I joked with him and elbowed him in the ribs gently. "I snatched them, by being clever. I also found out that there's only five Daleks on this ship. I know our cell door is deadlocked, and you need two sonics to unlock it, but guess what we have?" I formulated a plan quickly and showed him my ring.

"Oh, that's brilliant, I could kiss you," he exclaimed and ran towards the door.

"We've already done that," I bantered and joined him at the door. We put our sonics together at the lock and switched them on the right settings. Nothing happened.

"There must be a restricting force on the door besides the deadlock, I'll try reversing the polarity," the Doctor briefed me before reversing the polarity with his screwdriver. "Alright, let's try this again," the Doctor muttered and changed the setting on his sonic back. Nothing happened again.

"Well that's all I've got, unless we can summon the TARDIS in here," I admitted defeat, but not so fast. "Oh that's clever. We get a key to the TARDIS and change the temporal parameters. We changed the valence electrons to conduct TARDIS energy, then she'll come to us. The process might take a few days, but it's a plan, and a damn good one if I say so myself," I planned and thanked myself for being a genius.

"I've got a key we can use," the Doctor helped and pulled a key from his sock.

"You keep the TARDIS key in your sock?" I mocked him and laughed.

"It's a good place!" he defended and handed me the key.

~~~~~

It had only taken seven minutes and fifty-four seconds to change the biology of the TARDIS key, but the getting it to conduct TARDIS energy was another story. The process would take a few days at most, and then the key would send homing signals to the TARDIS for it to follow.

~~~~~

"It's been thirty-two minutes already, what's taking so long?" the Doctor groaned and continued staring at the key as if it was just going to ding and the TARDIS would appear.

"Time flies by when you're having fun. So why don't we do something?" I grumbled to him and sat next to him on the small cot. The Daleks said they were going to leave us alone until tomorrow, and it was currently 11:23:16 in the morning.

"What can we do?" he asked me, obviously not having patience.

"Oh come on, we used to be able to talk for hours, why can't we now?" I reminded him with a sour note in my voice at the memories. We used to be able to talk for days on end without a care in the world, and now we have stories to tell.

~~~Two Hours and Thirteen Minutes Later~~~

"Then I met Captain Jack Harkness, he saved Rose from hanging above the Blitz with a union jack shirt on. That man flirts to no end, and I swear he got her to fall in love with him in minutes," the Doctor recalled and laughed with me.

"We should set those two up. They'd be marvellous, both of them are flirts," I teased. His eyes became dark like a storm cloud, reminding me of his nickname he told me of earlier 'the Oncoming Storm'. It really fit him, you didn't know if he'd be on your side or against you, and if he was against you he brought hell to pay, but if he was with you he would help you in the most magnificent ways. "What's wrong, Doctor?" I asked him, truly concerned with what his eyes said to me.

"I heard everything, everything you said to Rose earlier. Do you really think we could never try at it again?" he murmured while looking at the ground, I could almost hear him begging me silently.

"I don't know. I've thought about it too much. What about Rose, she loves you, and I'm not stealing you from her," I tried to reason with him. I couldn't break her heart that quickly, I didn't want her as an enemy.

"How good are you at keeping secrets?"

~~~One Hour Twenty-Nine Minutes Later~~~

I was laying on the Doctor's lap, he was stroking my hair and putting locks of it behind my ear. We were still telling stories, and laughing together.

"Rose had looked into the heart of the TARDIS. It was too much for her, so I took it from her myself, and I regenerated. I'm quite happy with this face, though, the last one had big ears," he laughed and I smiled at him, painfully. I knew that he would've had to kiss Rose to take the 'Bad Wolf' from her body, and it just didn't sit right with me.

"That girl really loves you, you know, and I know you love her," I mentioned at the thought, still mentally punishing myself.

"Not in the way she wants me to," he answered me, it was reassuring, and I knew that it really did help ease my mind.

"Is the key hot yet?" I changed the subject and tried to sit up before the Doctor pushed me back onto his lap and reached for the key himself.

"Not yet, but hopefully it will send for the TARDIS before morning, or else we'll have to report our progress," the Doctor made sure to remind me once again. He loved making me scared, but that's good, scared keeps you alive, scared is good.

~~~Three Hours and Forty-Eight Minutes Later~~~

"I challenged the Sycorax leader to a sword fight, and I lost my hand. He cut it off nice and clean, and I was still in the regeneration process, so I grew it back. I don't know where that hand is off to, but it landed on London," the Doctor told his story to me as I was still situated on his lap.

"Oh, we've got that back at Torchwood. No one told me about whose hand it was, but there's always a hand in a preservation unit on Jack's desk," I remembered and laughed at how oblivious I was.

"Harriet Jones commanded Torchwood to blast the ship, and she killed off an entire race to prove her point. We faced the Slitheen together, and I couldn't believe what she'd done. How'd you punish Torchwood for their little stunt?" he asked me, assuming I went off at them. Well, I did, but he didn't need to assume.

"I nearly wrung Jack's neck. Now that I know how he's immortal, I kind of wish I did. They had to tie me to a chair for three hours before they got me to stop threatening to kill them. When they let me go, I dragged Jack into his office and gave him a lecture for an hour, realizing that I was speaking Gallifreyan only after he had fallen asleep. I poured a bucket of cold water on his head, he still hasn't forgiven me," I frowned at how reckless I was that day.

"That's my girl," the Doctor grinned and stroked my hair away from my face once again.

~~~Twenty-Eight Minutes Later~~~

We both jumped up when we heard the noise of Sexy's engines in the cell. She materialized quickly, and the Doctor and I bolted inside when we heard the Daleks heading towards our prison. I locked the door behind me and plastered a grin on my face when Rose ran to hug the Doctor. He mouthed an apology to me and let her embrace him for a little longer.

"Where've you been?" Rose asked the Doctor as she ran towards me to give me a quick hug, which made me cheer up enormously.

"Kidnapped by Daleks and expected to give them a Time Lord baby, not that exciting. Now, Rose, stay inside. I have a plan, it's a stupid plan, but a plan. Gemstone, with me," the Doctor rambled hastily before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the door. We were faced with five angry Daleks aiming their eyestalks at us, and it brought back memories of the Time War that I didn't want to remember.

"Nice to see you again. Now I think there's something you've forgotten, we're Time Lords. We are your greatest enemy, the last of, and you don't want to mess with us. So you lock us up, that's fine, but then you want us to give you our child? Why? What the hell would you need with a baby Time Lord? It wouldn't be useful to you unless it was raised by us with our knowledge," I pointed to the Doctor and myself with one hand, and desperately clutched the Doctor's hand with another.

"The new Time Lord will be raised as a weapon for the Dalek Empire. It will not need Time Lord intelligence, it will retain Dalek knowledge," a Dalek revealed, I shuddered and gripped the Doctor's hand tighter. They wanted to raise a Time Lord off of hatred and warfare, not knowing the wonders of life and love, it would torture the Doctor and I.

"Well, good thing I wouldn't even consider giving you a baby. I'd die first, and I know Gemstone would too. So why did you think that plan would work?" the Doctor stuffed his hands in his pockets and raised his shoulders.

"The plan is not complete," a different Dalek answered without emotion.

"Let's see, what've you got for us?" I shouted at the alien before I was teleported. Onto a Dalek ship. With thousands of Dalek fleets. And only the Doctor by my side; but that made all the difference.