Dalek Babysitters

"Hello, I'm the Doctor, and this is the Gemstone," the Doctor introduced us to the Dalek Empire. I muttered a high-pitched hello and starting counting the Daleks to ease my nerves, which was very unsuccessful.

"Blimey, there's a lot of you. So, if I may, what are you planning to do with us?" I grinned and rejoiced with my death grip on the Doctor's hand, though he seemed to have one on mine too. The Daleks were in stadium-seating styled platforms, circled around the Doctor and I. They all had the perfect spot to shoot us from, and someone would be able to shoot us in the hearts if need be.

"The Doctor and the Gemstone will produce a Time Lord for the Dalek Empire," the thousands of Daleks synchronized loudly.

"And what makes you think we'll do that? I don't even fancy her, I should've dropped her off on Earth a century ago," the Doctor tried to fake, "though she does think I'm foxy." the Doctor winked at me and I groaned loudly. I didn't take the words to heart, knowing that's not what the Doctor intended at all. 

"You fatuous egoist, I don't even like you. I only rode along for the time machine," I spat at the Doctor's face and silently apologized with my eyes. He tried to look taken aback, but he let a sly grin slip when he caught my eye.

"The Time Lord's will be drugged into a semi-conscious state, their DNA will be duplicated into a Time Lord child," the Dalek closest to us answered our first question.

"Oh, such big words for the little Dalek. If anything, my kid would be teaching you, too bad you won't get the chance for the learning experience," I seethed at the Dalek and stepped towards it. All of the Daleks aimed at my head, and I dared them to with a smile. I was stopped from my foolish plans to clobber the Dalek by the Doctor's hand pulling me back towards him and into a hug.

"I'm so sorry," the Doctor yawned and slumped into me with a dart in his neck. I felt a sharp stab in my arm and started to fall with him.

~~~~~

I woke up with a dull pain in my neck, it felt as if a needle was taking blood from me. I looked around and took in the room. Instead of having Dalek interior with Dalekanium, it was sterile and blindingly white. The Doctor was laying on a white exam table identical to mine, and he was close enough, so I grabbed his hand and rubbed my thumb over it to wake him up. He groaned and rolled away from me, but his eyelids shot open when he felt my hand.

"Morning, sweetie, nice to see you up and at em. It's been around two hours, but it's all a bit blurry," I chuckled and turned to see what was in my neck.

"Looks like we've gotten blood drawn, and blimey a needle in the neck hurts. They haven't restrained us, so they must be done with us. They were going to make a Time Lord from both of our DNA, hence the blood drawn, so they must be finished or dead," the Doctor rambled and bolted off of his examination table and helped me off of mine like a gentleman, "let's hope for the latter."

"They didn't search us, kind of odd, they must be really thick these days," I mused and played with my sonic ring while we sneaked through the Dalekanium corridors together. The Doctor stopped abruptly and held his hand in front of me protectively when a doorway appeared. We peeked our heads in the doorway to find a room similar to the one we woke up in, with one Dalek guarding a small tank. We couldn't get a good view of what was inside, but I had an idea.

The Dalek guard moved to the side and I got a full view of the tank, which wasn't a tank after all, but a gestation chamber. The chamber held a baby, about one month old if it was born the normal way, and I immediately knew that it was what the Daleks had made with the Doctor and I's blood. I was in a trance, and I wanted to get to my baby, I started towards the tank when the Doctor grabbed me from behind and dragged me back into the hallway. I knew that baby was ours, because with the right technology they could extract DNA from our blood, create an offspring with it, and grow it into a month old child with a gestation chamber in less than two hours.

"Gemstone, calm down," the Doctor begged me with a whisper in my ear as I thrashed about in his arms with tears streaming down my face. "I know, I know. It's ours, most definitely, but we need a plan," the Doctor reasoned and let me go gently. I put my back to the wall, and slid down slowly. I was glad I couldn't hear the baby from here, or else I would've broke down. The tears slipped silently, and I could see the Doctor's eyes becoming red through the blurriness of my tears. I almost laughed at how easily parenthood had changed us, and it wasn't even proper parenthood since the baby was genetically engineered. 

"It's one Dalek, we can do something clever, right? We can distract the Dalek and get the baby, then call for the TARDIS again," I calmed myself down by focusing on getting the child and getting out.

"If we combine our sonics, we can penetrate the armor and override the controls," he muttered and grabbed his sonic from the inside pocket of his suit and I slipped off my ring and handed it to him. He wiped away my tears with his thumb and smiled, "I'll get the Dalek, you get the baby. I promise, we'll get out of here."

~~~~~

I saw the Doctor sneak behind the Dalek and heard the whiz of our sonics before a few sparks flew out of its eyestalk. I sprinted to the gestation tank and speedily used the controls to release the baby. The Doctor joined me and held my hand as the tank prepared the Time Lord child for environmental changes. We heard Daleks coming near the room as the tank opened, increasing our hastiness. The Doctor grabbed a blanket and we wrapped the baby boy up and begged him to be silent before the Doctor practically threw him at me and dashed back to the room we woke up in, me running as fast as possible while holding the baby Time Lord. We returned to the, thankfully, empty room and caught our breath.

"He's got your eyes," the Doctor sighed happily and took him from me, which I whined about. His eyes were a beautiful TARDIS blue, and he had thick brown hair like the Doctor's to contrast with his pale skin.

"He's got your hair, lucky boy, he is. What should we name him?" I asked him as I watched the baby grab onto his pinkie and giggle.

"Kaster Arcadia Smith," he smiled at me and handed him back. The name was dashing, and it was a human name, which I admired. Kaster was short for Kasterborous, the constellation Gallifrey used to be in, and Arcadia was Gallifrey's citadel, or capital city. Smith was the last name we both used when in desperate times for human names, and it fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

"Blimey, how are we going to explain this one to Rose?" I chuckled at her possible reactions as Kaster pulled on a lock of my knotted hair. He was so peaceful, and he was gorgeous, especially withe the Doctor's hair.

"We'll find a way, though she might be a little cross that we left her," the Doctor cradled Kaster between us and touched our foreheads together. "You know, you may have stopped loving me, Gem, but I never stopped loving you," the Doctor muttered and I felt his breath tickle my lips.

"I know," I smiled and closed the distance between us, much to our son's protest. Everything felt as if we'd never been separated by a war, as if we'd gotten married and had a healthy baby together like we'd planned. Not travelling with each other occasionally and having a DNA created Time Lord child in two hours. I broke the kiss after Kaster squirmed from in between us and started to cry. "Scan him, make sure the Daleks didn't alter our DNA in any way so he'd be different," I worried and coaxed Kaster into calming down. My lips still tingled from the passion of the kiss and I shared the love with Kaster by kissing his forehead gently.

The Doctor scanned him with his screwdriver and grinned back at me, "He's one-hundred percent ours," he pecked my lips and turned to the controls and tried to act casual, but he had to stare at the floor for a moment to recollect his thoughts. "You focus on keeping Kaster quiet, I'll find us a way out of here. Watch out for Daleks, it's driving me mad how they've kept us without much security," he fussed about, trying to find a teleport or make one we could use. I held Kaster close to me, and cooed to him when he spoke to me, in baby of course.
"Yeah, that's your dad," I stroked his hair and winked at the Doctor when he looked over at us. "I don't have a binky, sweetie, I'm sorry. You can suck on my finger if you want," I let Kaster use my pinkie for a pacifier and joined the Doctor.

"They've all got a form of vortex manipulators on them to teleport, so we need one. We have a malfunctioning Dalek from where we found Kaster, let's go get it, I'm not leaving you and him alone," the Doctor planned and took the bundle of warmth from my arms. "Do you trust me?" the Doctor asked me with a look that was almost painful.

"With my life, Doctor, but if you do something stupid, I'm taking matters into my own hands," I joked and kissed his cheek gingerly. Kaster agreed with me fully, which made the Doctor grin like the madman he is.