The Spurious Resort

~~~~~~ The Doctor's POV ~~~~~~

"Welcome to Ceiro," I smirked at Gem from across the console.

"Marvelous. Welsh for love, humans get so sentimental about their Earth languages," she grinned back and started towards the doors.

"You can have this one," I sighed when she gave me a pleading look, clearly wanting to open the doors.

She beamed at me and pushed the doors open slowly, mostly because we hadn't checked the scanners like always. The doors opened to reveal a beach with scarlet red sand and unearthly dark blue water, so inky because of the atmosphere's navy blue color reflecting on the water.

"The sand is sugar. Good ol' crystalline carbohydrate," Gem bent down and carefully held some of the sand in her hand. She sprinkled half in her mouth, smiled manically at me, and commanded, "open your mouth." I clenched my jaw, refusing to open my mouth just to tease her. "Fine," she pouted, but kept the sand in her hand.

I frowned at her quick defeat, I knew I was going to pay for it later. "So, a resort, huh?" she returned to her usual sheepish grin.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered, aware that she was pondering whether it was a good date or not.

"Brilliant. I love you," she praised, leaning in ever so slightly. She got on her tiptoes and draped her hands around my neck. She tilted her head to the side a little, another adorable habit I had grown to love. I closed my eyes when I felt her leaning in further, expecting a nice kiss for my brilliant idea. She brushed her lips against mine gently, making me whine mentally.

I was interrupted from our brief kiss when sugar sand was shoved into my mouth abruptly.

I nearly choked on it, but the sand melted in my mouth quickly as the Gemstone laughed hysterically with her hand on her stomach for support.

"Oh, you are so paying for that later," I groaned after a few minutes of coughing red sugar and grabbed her waist to pull her towards me.

"That's alright with me," she smirked knowingly and returned to our state before she gagged me with sugar. I closed the distance between us and smiled into the kiss. She tasted of sugar, like always, but this time with more dominance.

We had been snogging for a good ten minutes by now, both of us out of breath but unwilling to stop. Behind Gem's hair, I saw the resort we were aiming to visit while we were here. The sun was now higher up in the sky, since we had arrived a few minutes after dawn.

"Let's go inside," I mumbled hoarsely against the Gemstone's lips. She broke away, bubbly and happy as ever. My hair was a mess from Gem running her fingers through it, her hair looking as wild as mine felt.

"Let me fix that," she breathed and started fixing my hair, sorting the strands into their normal position. I took the opportunity to brush my fingers through her wavy locks, unknotting all of the tangles my fingers had made.

She had finished preening me after a few loving strokes through my hair, and I had sorted her red strands to an acceptable look.

"Ready?" I asked her after she she tucked one strand behind her ear.

"Most definitely," she grinned.

We headed towards the glistening resort, consisting of three sparkling towers with 99 floors each. Every floor was considered a room, so Gem and I would get our own floor when we checked in. The sun, much like the one on Earth, was shining on the buildings made entirely of glass on the outside.

We entered the ground floor of the nearest tower, my hand firmly placed in Gem's to ensure her safety.

The hospital was a close call, too close for my liking. If the Gemstone was going to be electrocuted and sucked dry every other adventure, it would drive me mad. I would throw myself at anything to save her, I'd fight an angry female Raxicoricofallipatorian so she wouldn't suffer from the slightest of injuries.