The Runaway Bride Part Two

I woke up to the to a cool breeze touching my face, making my still buzzing skin prickle. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, slowly, to avoid getting dizzy. I gently moved my hand in front of my eyes and thanked Gallifrey for not regenerating, I quite liked my current body. I sat up gradually and winced at the stinging ache all over, still feeling the tingling nag in bloodstream. I looked at my surroundings and realized I was on a roof, laying on the Doctor's tench coat with a note sticking out of the pocket. 'Saving the world' it said simply, but I knew that it meant the Doctor wasn't nearby and he didn't have another choice than to leave me. I carefully managed to stand myself up and saw the TARDIS a few feet away from me, smoke coming out of the windows.

I opened the doors to a puff of smoke clearing into the air, smelling similar to me. I stepped inside and started the bio-scanner for a Time Lord, and dialed in the coordinates gingerly. The old girl was beat up pretty bad, and I didn't feel like barbecuing myself again. I landed gently and stepped out of the TARDIS without bothering to look at the monitor.

I saw a big spider I recognized as one of the Racnoss first. The Racnoss was a species born in the Dark Times of the universe billions of years ago, they invaded planets and ate the inhabitants to feed their children, wiped out by the Fledgling Empires nearly five billion years ago.

"Hello, Doctor, nice to see you," I smiled and walked next to him. Pilot Fish pointed guns at us and the Racnoss stared at me in confusion.

"Good to see you alive, shall I give you the run down?" he asked me with a huge grin and I nodded.

"So Racnoss, right?" I assumed and he nodded.

"Empress, actually," he corrected me.

"Donna's got Huon particles in her, then," I tilted my head in her direction.

"That's Lance, her human puppet, and Donna's groom. He's been slipping liquid Huon particles in her coffee for the past six months, he's been promised adventures," the Doctor slipped his hands in his pockets and I gave Donna a sympathetic hug and a quick apology.

"So, who's been digging?" I gestured to the pit that went down to, what I assumed, was the center of the Earth.

"Torchwood, they have a little base below the Thames, isn't that nice?" he smiled sarcastically.

"Splendid. So, am I all caught up?" I asked him as the red humanoid arachnid seemed to get ready to order her Pilot Fish to shoot us.

"H.C. Clements, the man Donna works for, is up there. He's got nice shoes, doesn't he? Oh, and you missed Donna's reception. We could've danced together, until the trees started throwing ornaments at us. We should do that, go dancing, I've learned some things from Madam de Pompadour," he daydreamed before the Empress hissed at us.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I smiled and let him grab my hand.

"Oh yes!" he exclaimed and grabbed Donna with his free hand.

"Take aim!" the Empress screamed as the Pilot Fish maneuvered their guns to shoot us.

"Well, I just want to point out the obvious," I raised my hands in surrender as the clicks of the guns filled the room.

"They won't hit the bride. They're such very good shots," the Empress ensured us with a hiss.

"Just, just, just, just hold on, hold on, just a tick, just a tiny little, just a tick. If you think about it, the particles activated in Donna and drew her inside my spaceship. So, reverse it, the spaceship comes to her," the Doctor stuttered and teleported the TARDIS three feet closer so that we were inside of it.

"We could've just ran," I mocked the Doctor's complicated technique.

"Oi, not helping. Off we go," he ran to the console as we heard the pings of the gunshots the TARDIS was protecting us from.