Chapter 1

EDITED - 10/20/18

DISCLAIMER

I do not own anything except for my characters and the twists in the plot of the series. The ages in this book are based on what the producers said in an interview that Alec is 23 and since Clary is 18 at the start of the series, here are the ages as followed on the date Chapter 1 starts (August 23, 2016):

Vivian - October 14, 1991 (24)

Alec - September 12, 1993 (22)

Jace & Yvanna - January 18, 1996 (20)

Izzy - May 15, 1996 (20)

Simon - October 17,1997 (18)

Clary - August 23, 1998 (18)

The book takes place in the year 2016 in New York City and since I'm not an American citizen nor have been to America I apologize for any mistakes in the story. Thank you for patiently waiting for the revision in books one and two and the next chapter of book 3.

I do apologize if there are some ships and scenes that are not included in this book. There may be people wondering why there's no Malec, I love them but this story is about Yvanna and Alec.

*Started on: December 13, 2016 (GMT +8)

*Completed on: January 31, 2017 (GMT +8)

*Started Editing: August 7, 2017 / Resumed on: October 20, 2018 (GMT +8)

*Finished Editing: April 6, 2019 (GMT +8)

Now let's get on with the story!

If you are reading this story on any other platform besides Wattpad, you are very likely to be at risk from a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe form, please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/RosyStella)

____________________________________________________________

'Love is friendship that has caught fire.

It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing, and forgiving.

It is loyalty through good and bad times.

It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.'

- Ann Landers

____________________________________________________________

[FLASHBACK]

New York Institute; Summer of 2006

She looks around the Institute, her face plastered with worry and despair. She just lost her father, and his death will scar her for life. She was just ten and watching an ex-Circle member kill their father in cold blood is a scar that will run deep. Her brother's hand finds hers and squeezes it lightly. "J-Jace, where are we? I'm scared." She stammers while looking at her brother.

The Wayland twins were both notorious in their own ways back in Idris, they were brilliant at swordsmanship at their young age, and it was a rarity. Jace knew he needed to be strong for his sister, they only had each other from now on. "We are in front of the New York Institute, father's parabatai's place. He will keep us safe." He explains before both of them head up the steps of the Institute.