Chapter 14

EDITED - 01/05/19

___________________________________________

'The most desired gift of love is not diamonds,

or roses, or chocolates.

It is focused attention.' 

- Richard Warren

___________________________________________  

YVANNA

  We exit the precinct just in time to see Jace and Clary rushing towards us. "Did you get it?" Alec as they stop in front of us. "Theoretically." She explains and I raise an eyebrow. "Theoretically?" I ask and she nods as I notice that she's nervous. She fishes something out of her bag to show it to us.

  It's a card with the drawing of the Mortal Cup. "I found the card, I just have to figure out how I reached into my notebook before. It's...it's not an exact science." She explains and I scoff lightly. Are we really put the fate of the Cup in her hands? "Can't you just pull the Cup out?" Alec asks with his arms crossed.

  Clary lets out an exasperated sigh. "I can – theoretically. It's not as easy as it looks Alec." She states in frustration. "Listen, you three can discuss theories as much as you want when we get back to the Institute. But right now, considering we just stole from the cops, I suggest we get home." Jace explains before I notice Izzy's necklace starts pulsing.

  It's like when we were at Magnus' to summon the demon. "Guys, I think the mundanes might be the least of our worries." she mutters as we all look around to see any sign of demons. "Well, at least we know the demon necklace works." Alec states while my hands goes up to the hilt of my blade which is tucked in snugly at my belt.

  "Never a dull day, let's go." Jace says as the four of us start walking away from the precinct. I suddenly hear a loud growl before turning around just in time as Jace drives his seraph blade through the demon. The three of us; Izzy, Alec and I head back towards them. "Language, not in front of grandma." Jace starts sarcastically.

  This is not the time for fun and games, we need to get out of here. "How did it find us?" Alec asks as we look around to see 'cops' walking towards us. "It seems she's brought some friends." I explain before we head back to where we're supposed to go. "How can you tell?" I hear her ask Jace.

  My grip tightens on the hilt of my blade, I wonder if there are more. "It's like seeing through a glamour, you just got to pay attention to the details." He explains as I notice more hordes of demons heading towards us. "But I can't see anything." Clary states in frustration. "Behind us," I state before stopping to see too many of them.

  The five of us can't kill all those demons especially when one of us isn't even a trained Shadowhunter. "Okay, there's too many people." Clary mutters. "I don't say this often, but I agree with Clary. We gotta get out of here." Alec states before we look for an open for to us to go through.

  I know that I know my way around New York, but I haven't been to a police station before. "Hey, this way." Clary says as she rushes towards an opening and we quickly follow her. We stop in front of a door and she takes her stele out. "What's the Unlock rune again?" She asks and Jace kicks the door open. "Open sesame." He states and I roll my eyes.

  Is he really trying that hard to impress the girl? I'm sure as hell she's already impressed by him the minute she laid eyes on him. He's not that hard to notice, especially his huge ego. We enter the door as I hear growling behind up. I grab my seraph blade as Alec unglamours his bow and quiver.