Chapter 13

EDITED - 01/05/19

_______________________________________

'Love is not only something you feel,

It is something you do.' 

- David Wilkerson

_______________________________________

*Mature content ahead, viewer discretion is advised. Read at your own risk.*

New York Institute; August 29, 2016

YVANNA

  My eyes flutter open before letting out a soft groan. I hear a light snore before looking up to see Alec's sleeping face. He seems so peaceful when he's asleep, but when he's awake he's always so stressed out. I admire his sleeping face closing my eyes shut. My mind suddenly brings me back to the conversation that happened last night between Alec, Izzy and I.

  I know that sooner or later, love will come and bite me in the ass. If what my father said was true than love truly is dangerous. I guess love has always been haunting me ever since I was born, maybe I don't deserve love if it just destroys everything I've build for myself. What if everything I hold dear crashes down in front of me just because I fell in love?

  I know that there's no perfect love, but can it really destroy everything? "Yvanna?" I slowly open my eyes to see Alec's blue ones boring into mine. "Are you okay?" He asks while combing through my hair. I give him a small smile before nodding my answer. He places a gentle kiss on top of my head and I smile.

  We suddenly hear rapid knocking from the door. "Alec? Alec!" Robert calls out and Alec lets out a low groan before turning to his side and getting up. "I'll go take a shower." He mutters before walking towards the bathroom. I get up from the bed to notice my jacket and shoes are neatly placed on the ottoman in front of Alec's bed.

  I check my phone from the side table to see a message from Jace.

Might be late, trying to get the tarot cards from Luke's office at the police station. We have a lead on the Mortal Cup. – Jace

  I lock my phone before placing it in my pocket. A good start to the day I guess, at least we finally have a lead on the Mortal Cup. The problem is, will they get it out in time?

---

  After getting ready for the day, my phone rings. I put my brush down before checking the caller I.D to see it's Lydia. "Hey Lydia." I answer before getting my brush and brushing my hair down again. "Hey Van, how's your day?" She says and I let out a sigh. "Quite alright Lyd, just getting ready for the day." I mutter before I finish brushing my hair.

  She lets out a light chuckle. "This has to be your latest ever Van, rough night?" She says and I let out another sigh. "You can say that." I state while remembering what happened last night at Magnus'. "Anyway, I don't want to disturb you any longer so I'll cut to the chase. The Clave wants me to go to the New York Institute as soon as possible." She explains before looking at myself in the mirror.

  At least I have Lydia to take my mind off of my brother's shenanigans. "I'm glad to hear that Lyd," I say when I hear a knock on my door. "I guess I'll see you soon, bye Van." She says as I pad silently towards the door before opening it. "Yeah, bye Lyd." I say before looking to see it's Alec behind the door.