Had Me Like

Tai

What Do You Mean? A Cliché Love Story Chapter; 19

Levi's P.O.V

Walking away from something you love, kills you. So when my father walked out on the people he loved I would've thought he would come back the next day, or month but it took him years. When he left I thought he would have died, or suffocated, because living without the things, people and places you love is like having air but not being able to inhale it. You always want it but you can't have it and you'll slowly die without it.

Having my brother here was killing me that same way. His childhood was something I didn't get to have, two loving parents and a wealthy life. I had my mother and the food she worked her a-- off for to feed me. Yet my brother can walk around with a company in his fists. Heck, we all can yet he's the first to have many, first to have a committed father. As I thought about the broken childhood I had he explained why he was here.

"Dad wants you in Alabama now. He wants to give you your shares." Tai tells me.

"Mhmm, why Alabama?" I question. South Carolina to Alabama wasn't too long about an hour and a half if you take a plane but driving it's six hours. No one wants to be sitting for that long.

"That's where he lives right now." He says while glancing at his phone.

My head perks up. "Lives?"

He nods, "He wanted to be there for Celette's college graduation and Aystrd's high school graduation so he moved there for them last year." He explains.

"How is Ethel?" I ask, slowly. Ethel was the mother of Celette and Astryd.
And she was the only baby mama I liked besides my mother.

"She's great."

I nod. "So if Celette lives there why can't she take those shares?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I haven't a clue. Though you are the 2nd youngest son. So I suppose that's why." He says, after giving it some thought.

"Well I'm not moving down there, I have a year and a half left, I'm not changing schools because he wants me to." I say.

He nods. "He said you'd say that. You have about a month until you have to decide, but he'd hope that you would say yes, now." He says while rubbing something in his hand.

"Well, I say no. Even in a month, I'll say no." I tell him, knowing that my mind wouldn't change.

He sways his head. "Fine, I'm just telling you. I'll be here for a week or two so if you change your mind."

I shake my head. "I won't. "

"Oh!" He stops in his tracks. "Dad said clear your name before the end of the month too." He says over his shoulder.

"How am I supposed to do that if I'm the main suspect?" I ask.

He shrugs. "You're smart you'll figure it out." He says before walking out the door and to his car.