Taking Chances

What Do You Mean? A Cliché Love Story Chapter 21; Taking Chances

Previously on What Do You Mean?....

"Detective! What if the person going on this killing spree is targeting these people because of their eyes?" I ask.

"What if their trying to prove a point. The autopsy showed multiple veins cut to take the eyes out along with the heart and mouth stitched together." I say showing her the reports.

"Son of a gun. Looks like we have a sociopath seeking revenge. The question is what're they doing with the eyes?" Detective Wallace asks.
____

Detective Wallace sat back in her chair. "D-mn." She shakes her head in disbelief. "Who would be so sick?" She questions.

"To kill someone for their eyes?"

I look at her, thoughts running through my head. "Maybe they want you to see their point of view." I say.

She peers at me quizzically.

I sigh. "The unsub, maybe they have been bullied, assaulted, hurt, or harassed." I pause. "They want someone to understand them. To understand the pain they went through."

Tamiko nods. "So they take out their eyes, so people can understand them." She says repeating my thoughts.

She walks over to the board that held pictures of possible unsubs. She draws a circle around Jefferson St.

"Go grab Sydney for me. He needs to be in here." She says stretching to take down a photo.

I jump up and walk out the room. I scan the office looking for Detective Sydney, Tamiko's partner. The detective's were great at their jobs and I trusted them with my case. I locate Sydney and find him at his desk doing paperwork.

"Hey Sid. Wallace wants you in the track room." I notify him. He nods before putting his pen down and walking towards the room. I follow him but officer Bob catches my eye. He was watching me. He was seated near the door, like always, with his stained uniform and regular coffee that didn't do his breath justice.

I stare back at him, waiting for him to make a move. Instead he chuckles and shakes his head. I scrunch up my eyebrows. Weird.

I continue to follow Detective Sydney down the hall to the room. Wallace has new photos up with a red wire pointing to them. I scan the graphics and notice one of the photos holds a picture of Alanna.

______

"Luke could you please shut up and let me finish." I demand. He stops his babbling and allows me to continue what i was asking.

"Yeah, sorry." He mumbles under his breath. The vanilla cupcake coffee flavor at dounkin' donuts was just released and i was dying to try it. So i dragged Luke along with me to not only taste it with me but also ask him for his advice.

"So, what do you think will happen?" i ask, nervously.

"Isn't there something going o between you and Alanna, though?" He questions, changing the subject.

"Who told you some sh*t like that?"  I inquire, obviously surprised by his question.

"No one, its just something that's been going around the school." He replies, while taking a sip of his fudge brownie coffee.

"People need to mind their d*mn business. Trying to offer some f*cking gossip that doesn't involve their f*cking name. But no, we haven't discussed anything."  I state, clearing the air.

"Right. This must be really getting to you." He remarks, a grin covered his face as he peered at me.

I swallow my drink before regarding him. "And why do you say that?" My head was positioned away from him as i looked at a women place her son in her car and look at her husband.