Be Careful

What Do You Mean? A Cliche Love Story: Chapter 24

Cardi B song inspired chapterNote: all versus are not present or in order

Note: all versus are not present or in order.
----
Be careful with me, do you know what you doin'?

I knock on his door loudly not caring if his neighbors woke up. Not caring if the whole block was woken because of me. It was afternoon around 6 pm and the sun was just starting to set. I wait patiently for his body to reach the door.

He opens it, shirtless, his body radiating heat in the cold weather. I stare at him wondering how I could have possibly liked him. Yet already knowing why I did. It was his annoying figure that was always near by, always making me feel safe. His golden eyes that watched me and comforted me, his tan lips that caressed me when I was uncertain. His qualities made him undeniable.

"What is this?" I ask holding my phone up for him to see.

He looks surprised to see me and smiles, confused. "Hey, whats what?" His eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

"What is this?" I say, repeating my question. I show him my phone with pictures of him and Alanna, smiling and laughing.

His eyes grow large. "Where did you get these from?" He asks, reaching out for my phone.

"It's posted everywhere!" I say whipping my phone in the air, not thinking about it dropping and breaking. If it broke it wouldn't hurt me, my heart was basically already broken. Torn and discarded by a guy I thought was worth my time.

'Yeah, my heart is like a package with a fragile label on it.'

His face grows serious, "peaches, it's not what it looks like." His voice is so low and deep and under other circumstances, especially with these feelings, I would have melted. Now I was solid as a rock and unmoving, I was cold and hurt.

"So what is it supposed to look like? Cause it looks like you gotta whole chick!" I scream at him.

He sighs and swallows,"peaches let me-"

"Stop calling me that!" I yell, breathing hard. "You have no right to call me that anymore." I was past seeing red, I was heated.

"Raevyn, let me explain, please." He grabs my hand pleading for me to listen. My body ignited on fire as his touch burned my flesh.

I pull my hand away from him. "Explain what Levi? Explain that you were with someone else the whole time you were claiming that you had feelings for me?" My voice is shaky as I look at him with dead eyes.

'Poured out my whole heart to a piece of sh*t'

"Explain that you have a girlfriend. That you kissed me with the same lips you touched her with?" I continue listing all the transgressions he had commited against me.

'You want some random b*tch up in your bed?'

He probaly touched her right before he was with me.

'She don't even know your middle name'

The Levi Elias Delrosario, the infamous bad boy in Charleston, who I warned myself not to fall for. Nevertheless I did and look where that got me.

His faces drops. "Raevyn it's not like that. I'm only with her-"

I shake my head tears running down my face, i was boiling like tea kettle ready to whistle once heated. "So you admit it?" I laugh humorlessly, "no im not going to keep listening to these stories you create."

"I fell into the trap that you had open for me this whole time. I'm done. You may think that its fun to play with hearts but mine won't be on the board. Not anymore." I step away from him, increasing the distance between us.

'Whose feelings that you're hurtin' and bruisin'?'

I scoff, "felicidades, on your new relationship."

'And karma for you is gon' be who you end up with, Don't make me sick'

I throw up the star trek sign, "live long and prosperous." I smile sadly as a tear slides down my cheek, turning I walk down his steps and down the street.

'You gon' gain the whole world
But is it worth the girl that you're losin?'

Be careful with me.
-----
Unedited

When I say this song is on reply I mean it!

I listened to it the whole time I wrote this chapter.

Thinkin' I'm flawed because you inconsistent
Such a powerful verse. So many women change themselves, trying to fix themselves so their men won't leave them. Whole time it's the guy just ignoring your beauty. F that let them know 'be careful with me baby because if I was ugly you would have never got with me. Trust and believe that there are other men that know your worth.

Lol sorry had to get that off my chest.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter
Comment, like, share

Love y'all
God bless
Lee

Live performance