Chapter Five

After the short phone call I had with Isabelle, and gave the groceries to my aunt Sophia, I was now on my way to spend my last day of freedom with Bella, my best friend ever since we both were kids.

Tomorrow would be the first day of school for us, me, Derek, and Bella, even though my brother will go to a different high school than me and Bella, I hope I won't get into too much trouble.

Wouldn't want to give my family a heart attack.

I now was on my way to Bella's house. The phone rang again, though this time, it connected with the blue tooth of the car, even though it's an old car, there's technology Inside of it.

'' Bella, what is it again?''

'' My father ate most of the cookies you brought. He begged me to make some... and then I decided to call you, once again, to help me make them...''

One of my eyebrow shot up in disbelief at what she said. '' Isabella Swan, are you using me, perhaps?''

From the other side of the line, I heard her held her breath.

'' No, how could I use my bestdriend's cooking skills like that?''

I believe you, I believe you, Isabella, I thought sarcastically.

'' Oh really?''

'' W-Why would  you think that?'' She stuttered and it almost made me chuckle.

Almost.

'' I already dropped the groceries at my aunt's, I just have to go back once again, to the supermarket to buy a few things for the cookies. I'll come over afterwards in less than half an hour.''

'' Good. See you soon.'' She calmly said and hung up.

                                                     **************************************

A ridiculous apron. That's what I am now wearing for the moment.

Ugh, what I do for that girl.

And all of that to bake, cookies. Looking over at Bella, I saw she was covered in flour, raising my eyebrow when I saw the state she was in, and the young brunette caught me staring.

" No comments.'' She tried to order me and I raised both eyebrows at her.

'' I am clumsy. You know that.''

'' You trip on a flat ground, so... yeah, I know.'' That comment escaped my mouth and I Said it with a monotonous voice.

Her cheeks reddened just a little bit, as her father entered the house with a small smile.

'' Bella, come out, we've got a gift for you.''

Our interest drifted away from the cookies. ''We?'' She asked, her eyes meeting her father's.

He just shrugged as he gestured for her to go outside. The brunette looked at me and I looked at her for a few seconds, before going back to what I was doing moments before, she cleaned her hands covered in flour with a piece of cloth that was lying around on the counter of their kitchen, before walking out from the front door.

I misex the ingredients needed for the cookies into a bowl, and Bella ran back into the house, a small smile plastered on her face.

'' Come outside.''

As you wish.

I walked out of the cozy house, and the first thing that grabbed my attention was the big old orange truck with 4 people standing by it. There was Charlie, Bella's fther, a man wearing a jacket with a black cowboy hat, he was sitting in a wheelchair.

And there also stood the boy from the grocery store...

What was his name again?

Oh right, Jacob... something. Can't remember his family name. Shame. His hands were on the handles of the wheelchair. I suppose that man is his father or some sort of family members. 

I know I wouldn't do that for strangers.

'' Ah, you must be Anna, Sophia's niece.''

Sophia must have told everyone about me.

'' You know her?'' I asked, crossing my arm over my chest.

''Yeah, been a friend of that family for years, like Charlie. I knew you when you were younger, a little spitfire you were.''

A memory came back to me of him eating with us while me and Derek, were elbowing each other, and our mother, scolding us while everyone else laughed.

'' I remember you, Uncle Billy.''

''You'd always hide behind someone's legs, mostly your dad's, you were so introvert. The boy behind me is Jacob, you played with him a few times, but he mostly stayed with Bella.''

'' We already re-met each other, at the grocery store.'' The young native american man added, as his father looked at him, turning his head sideways to see behind him.

''You did?''

''Yeah, though I hadn't really recognized her then, I knew she was Sophia's niece, but couldn't place her back into my memories.''

I didn't say a word.

'' And she almost got hurt by shielding a woman who almostgot crushed by a box, but I caught it before it fell on them.''

Charlie turned towards me.

''Are you hurt?''Charlie asked me, checking me over briefly.

I shook my head.As everyone chatted away, my attention was drawn to the old truck. Bella noticed and looked at the truck too before smiling slightly.

'' They gave it to me as a 'Welcome Back' sort of gift.

'' Well, it's a nice truck. Please don't kill yourself with it.''

''Hey!''

Everyone but me chuckled at Bella, as her cheeks reddened slightly once more.