Chapter Thirty-Three

It's been a few days since that accident, the one with Paul and the guy in the bar. Today was the day set for us to go "play" baseball with the Cullens. I didn't want to come, but Alice turned to my aunt and they both coerced me into doing it. going with them wherever they were going. Edward, who came with Alice to pick me up, seemed extremely amused by my aunt's and I's exchange, interactions with each other, our conversation.

In the end, I did end up in the back seat with Bella and Alice, who was grinning like a mad woman.

I mean, today's weather wasn't one to play baseball. Why play if it looked like it was going to rain later on? There's supposed to be thunder or something. I was wearing a dark blue coat, and gave another one to Bella, since I didn't think her coat was warm enough, to keep her warm in this chilly breeze. Edward drove in a fast( and dangerous ) way, I mean, if we get into a car accident, Bella and I are going to die, not them. Alice was chatting away in my ear, and I was pretty sure she'd make it fall off if she continued.

She almost was snuggling against me for god's sake! Personal space. Personal space. Personal space...

After another few minutes, we finally reached our destination in the middle of the woods. Next to the car was a jeep,  and Emmett was standing next to said white jeep, that cocky smirk of his on his face was there. The blond haired beauty walked up to her man and kissed him on the cheek before stopping next to him, we all got out of the car, as did Rosalie. 

I looked at a path that led to somewhere, it might lead to the field. Looked large enough for a car to fit into.

" You are right, Annabelle, that path leads to the field where we are going to play at, we could have gone there by car, but Emmet was adamant at us stopping here, and doing the rest by walk."

The human walking pace of vampire pace?

" Vampire pace."

Goddamnit, Edward.  If he does it again I swear I'll--

" Strangle me?" He answered my thought with a little mischevious smile, a little twinkle in his eye, while he looked at me, and I heard Bella chuckle next to him.

That's it. I inhaled, eyes closed, and once I looked at him, I made sure my face was, and I hoped my thoughts were also,  unreadable, and by seeing his little frown, I guess it worked. 

As soon as I stepped forward to him, strong bulky arms wrapped themselves around my frame, and I could hear Emmett laugh from behind me.

" We'll walk the rest of the way."

Bella and I looked at each other and I rolled my eyes. Emmett crouched in front of me."

" Climb on. If we walk there with your speed, it will take too long."

I have a bad feeling about this. I only rolled my eyes, wrapped my arms around his neck, and legs around his waist. He's going to do something stupid, and reckless to scare me off. I linked my ankles together to give me more stability.

" I'm gonna give you the ride of your life."

" I'm not quite sure I like what you are insinuating."

Emmett only snorted at my way of speaking, always formal, polite, distant.

A second later we were soaring through the air after Emmett jumped from the ground, only to land in a tree, hands gripping tightly the bark of the tree. Then, the muscular vampire jumped from where we once were to the ground, far far away from the tree Emmett had climbed in. I needed all of my goddamn strength to hold on for dear life otherwise I'd have fallen to my death, I would have broken my neck, and death would have taken a hold on me instantly.