Chapter Forty-Two

Tonight is the night.

The night where I might be able to unlock whatever abilities that my parents sealed away from me. I found a spell that might have been the one to lock away my powers. And I found another one to break another spell. It might even break the other spell.

Otherwise, it might be impossible for me to break that spell.

But... there are a few herbs that I did not find that was needed for the spell I was going to perform tonight.

Agrimony: is used a lot in reversing spells. Althea roots: it aids psychic powers. Angelica mixed with hot water which helps to remove hexes, curses, and spells affecting someone. Anise, which stimulates psychic or other abilities.And other plants. Most of them to enhance the abilities that come from me being a witch. Like barberry which is used in sorcery and to free oneself from the power or control of another.

I'd have to go to Port Angeles, there is a little traditional herb shop there that might have the herbs I need. Since they are a little particular, I wrote down the name of two other shops that might have them.

But, Paul is here, with my twin brother. How can I go out if I know my brother and most likely my uncle and Paul will watch my every move?  Like a freaking hawk.

The only way to get out of my house to get to Port Angeles would be to ask my aunt for her car.

Seconds after that I was already crossing the room and tapping my aunt on her shoulders, stopping her conversation with Dominic. Warm brown eyes fell upon me.

" I ... uh... need to talk to you."

Dominic rose up from the chair he was sitting on at the same time Sophie rose up from the chair. 

" Alone." 

When the words came out of my mouth, I saw a certain look pass through my uncle's eyes that were unreadable even to me before he sat back down, a smile plastering itself on his face before turning to Derek and his friend.

I walked up the stairs that led up to my bedroom and as soon as my aunt passed the threshold of my room, I closed the door behind her. 

I pulled out the black leathered grimoire from a bookshelf and opened it to the spell that I hoped would unseal my powers before handing her the old book.

She took it in her hands while reading the spell, her fingers brushing over the words, muttering under her breath. 

" This is an unsealing spell... but... are you sure this is going to work?" She asked me, softly, looking up to me, wisdome swimming through those honey-brown orbs of hers.

" I'm not sure... " I admitted, sitting on my bed.  

 " But... I have a theory, over what I am, what happened to me. I think this... seal, was only supposed to be temporary otherwise they would have written down or told someone how to get rid of it. They needed to hide my abilities, but what for? What were they so terrified of that they put a sealing spell over me and my memories?"

My aunt sat down next to me, wrapping her hands around my left hand, laying it on her thigh.

" I don't know, child. But what I do know, they did it to protect you, that's for sure. Your parents would have died for you or your brother or your little siblings. Never doubt that. "

I sighed, closing my eyes. " I don't... but, my theory is that... this black liquid is... the seal. Every time  I threw up and thought I was going to die... something strange happened, most of the time.  Like some kind of energy seeping out of my veins before .... well that s*** happens. "