*Chapter twelve*

Getting ready for the ball gives me grey hair.
I'm trying to curl my hair but I have one of those bad hair days.
Bloody hair!
Giving up, I decide to wash it again and just straightener it.
Washing my hair, I think about what happened three days ago, his touch still lingering on my skin.
His smell everywhere, his face there when I close my eyes.
Blow drying my golden blonde hair, I finish it off with a bun and a few curls falling down all around my head.
I'm so happy with dress I was sent though, he has really good taste.
Looking at myself in the mirror, I  like what I see.
Gone is the girl who fights blood thirsty vampires, the girl who almost always wears black pants and black or red shirts.
This is Scarlett the princess dad always tells me is laying dormant inside.
Tonight I will shine.
Spraying my vanilla perfume, I stand in the doorway waiting to be picked up.
Speeding down the road and coming to a stop in front of my house, I see Dimmitri climbing out of a limousine.

Gone is the alpha, here stands the prince in all his beautiful glory.
White suit, red tie and black shiny shoes, smiling at me.
My heart stops while my stomach is churning with butterflies and roses and moonshine.
Wow, the moon goddess really deserves a praise for this godlike man.
Giving him a broad smile, he takes a gasp of air.
Looking at me with wide eyes.
I guess I really do look as good as I feel.
"Helo Mr.Alpha, I hope you like what you see? Now let's get out of here please."
Nodding his head, he takes my hand. Not noticing that I saw his slight shock when his skin touched my skin.

Arriving at the palace my heart is taken away.
This is big, no huge. No scratch that! Its a historic and work of fiction all on its own.
Huge cream walls everywhere, mocking the stars, telling them their reachable.
Walking inside, holding Dimmitri's hand, I almost bolt back home when I see how many people is inside.
Thousands stand before us, eyes of every person present on me.
Shit shit shit, shaking slightly and sweating rain.
Dimitri notices my nervousness, gripping my hand tighter whilst rubbing his thumb over my hand for comfort.
Sudden clapping and wolf whistles startle me, their actually impressed?
Smiling my million dollar smile, we start greeting people.
There's no way I will remember any of the names, but I still nod and smile.

Almost dragging him to the drinks bar, I order one double shit vodka and coke.
"You rat! You never told me I'd be center of attention. You owe me really big. I'm talking about buying me all of the vampire academy books, a whole room full of imported black roses and a bottle of sweet rose red wine."
Gulping down my drink and thanking the barman, I turn to look at him.
Smiling at me with a sparkle in his beautiful brown eyes.
"That I can do, thanks Scar. They just want to meet their leaders mate. Your beautiful and to them your a hero for killing off the leeches. Don't fret, your amazing."
Blushing I scowl at him and his sweetness.
Oh what the heck, I'm already his mate. Why not indulge in this?
"Thanks dimmi. Look at your father, he's coming this way. No no no no. Let's bolt, please. No no."
Trying to get dimmi to move is impossible.
His father stepping up in front of us, taking my smaller hand in his huge hand he kisses my hand like a true gentlemen.
"Such an honour to meet you beautiful Scarlett. You look lovely, thank you for attending my son's ball. I am king Leon and I hope to see you and my son married very soon."
Smiling at me I almost glare at him.
But I don't, because I don't want to die by his huge hands.
"Good to meet you my king. An honour as well to receive such compliments. May I say you look very young? Maybe 50?."
And he does, he's an attractive man with dark thick hair and green eyes with tanned golden brown skin.
Laughing at my question, he looks flattered.
"No my dear, I'm well over a hundred and ten years old. Thank you for making my night my dearie. I hope you have a pleasant night."
After giving me a bow, he turns to his son.
"And I will speak with you tomorrow my son. Congratulations with meeting such beautiful mate. Goodnight."

Phew, that went better than I expected.
Looking at dimmi, he grins and tags me to a nearby piano.
What the hell is he doing now?
Sitting down on the stool, he cracks his fingers and smile softly at me.
"I am happy to announce to my people and to my lovely Scarlett that I have written a song to my beautiful butterfly."
Looking at me he adds in a whisper, "I hope you like it. I wrote it after our date."
Stroking his fingers over the piano, he starts playing the song he wrote for me.
Oh my god.
This is the most amazing thing he could ever do for me!
Looking at his closed eyes and long fingers gliding across the piano in expertise, playing the most beautiful thing I have heard, I realise I've fallen in love with Dimmitri Ozera.
I've fallen hard.
Closing my eyes, feeling the music deep within my soul.
I feel my body moving but I don't register, sitting beside him I put my hand on his back.
The song stopping too early for my like, I open my eyes and I see his brown ones looking into my soul.
Without thinking what I'm doing, I bring my lips to his slowly while keeping eye contact.
Kissing him feels like taking my first breath of air, tasting chocolate for the first time.
Fireworks exploding all around us.
Opening my eyes, I see everybody clapping.
Happy faces all around us, rejoicing our love.
I smile and take his hand, stepping outside for fresh air.

"I realised tonight that I've fallen for you. And no its not the song, it just made me realise my feelings for you. Thank you for doing that for me. I've really enjoyed this night. But I'll be gone for a week with my father, we have some unfinished business to attend."
Looking into his eyes all that I can see is love and acceptance.
"Its not a big thing, and scar I've fallen for you the night I saw you in that white dress at our date. And what made me fall to my death for you is when I got to know you afterwards and everyday I've talked to you. Your my moon and stars, your the sun. And the ground I worship. Your my Scarlett. And mine alone. A week will be torture, but for you I would walk to the Mon and back if it was possible. Shall I take you home now my princess?."
My heart is beating like a star that shines and burns and brightens each night, but my heart only brightens when I look into these eyes.
The eyes of the man I'm in love with.

( Scarlett's ball dress)