*Chapter nineteen*

After my reunion with dad we ate lunch.
I felt happy to see him again.
Its been a while.
Sitting in the kitchen with dimmi holding his hand, we both look at my grandfather.
He called a meeting so here we are.
Looking at me and my father he clears his throat.
"So the time has come for Scarlett to take her place as queen. I know you don't know a lot about us and how we cooperate and how things work but Scarlett we really need you as a queen. Without a ruler we have had some.. Unfortunate cases where witches have gone rogue."
Flinching at his choice of word rogue.
"Look Victor I have no experience and as you know I just met my mate who happens to be next in line to the throne. I have no intention to rule here. I just want to get away from everything and take a break from hunting. From everything actually. Me and dimmitri have decided that if you give me one year, that's all I ask, then maybe I will take my roll in becoming queen. I have some business to attend to."
Looking at us in fury I can see the steam rising out of his ears.
He cannot force me into anything.
I will not be somebody's pawn.
Giving him a kind but nervous smile I wait for his answer.
"Scarlett you can not leave our nation without a leader! We need you! If your mother would have left your human father you would not have had to rule!"
Shouting at me, I flinch away from his wrath.
I feel dimmitri stiffen up beside me and looking at him I see his eyes have turned black.
Shit.
Giving his hand a squeeze I try rubbing circles on his wrist to calm his wolf.
I will take this stubborn man head on.
Opening my mouth, I'm surprised to hear my father speak in a deadly tone.
"You will not speak to my daughter like that you old brat. Here you may rule, but she is not of your concern. Her mother was a good woman and if you speak with such disrespect again about my wife, I will have your head. Do you understand me?"
Looking at dad, I feel shocked but happy that he put this asshole in his place.
He has no right to speak to me like that about my mother. She had her own choices and he has no right to say a thing about that.
Shithead.
Standing up I glance at dimmi and my dad.
"Now he is right. You are not my father, he is. And you will not force me into anything. I need a year. If you stand with it or not. Take us home now."
Shocked at my tone, he jumps up as well.
"Fine! One year! You have one year and then we take you with force. Let's go."
Following behind him, we enter a small room with no windows.
Only a huge mirror and we wait.
What the hell is he doing?
Chanting under his tone, he throws a sort of dust over the mirror and like that it lights up like a rainbow.
Bright red and blue and yellow with purple shines inside of the mirror.
Looking over at us, he nods him head for us to follow him.
Dad steps in first then dimmitri and finally me.
Stepping inside of the portal, I gasp at all of the colours that blind my eyes.
All around me I see the colours twisting and floating and moving all around me.
It feels like hours passing by that I finally fall into an endless black hole.
Screaming my lungs dry, I close my eyes and suddenly I fall on my butt. Hard.
"Motherfucking a-"
Stopping abruptly when I see my dad and victor giving me disapproving looks.
Yeah well its my first time screw them.
"One year Scarlett. Then I'm coming for you."
Rolling my eyes, I walk away.
Just happy to be gone from him.
No wonder my mother ran away, he's a control freak.
Seeing where we are, I start running and dancing and screaming.
I'm so happy.
Grabbing dads hand in my left and Dimmitri's hand in my right, I drag them both to my flat.
Opening the door I almost happy dance at the sight of my flat.
I'm so worn down with being kidnapped and almost being forced to become queen.

But until that time comes, I will enjoy my year with dimmitri.
I will make everything out of the time that I've been given.
Because I'm alive and he's alive and my little family is alive.
And in this world that's all that matters.
I will live and love and I will never lose hope.
Because like I said to dimmitri, that's all we have.

The end.
No I'm just joking.
Okay maybe not.
Will I will start on a sequel.
This will be a series.
Thanks to all of my loyal fans.