A terrifying clown sighting

This ones hella short sorry :(

I was walking home from the gas station, my mom usually let me go because it was only five minutes away from my house. It was midnight and no one was around.  I got a coke and a bag of chips, the usual.

"Be careful out there." Said the desk clerk. He was leaning over the counter and his shaggy brown hair fell over his face.

"Why? No ones out there."

"There has been clown sightings in the state."

"Oh I'll be fine." I shrug it off and left. Our state had like two clown sightings which wasn't that much compared to the eastern states and the U.K. The night air was crisp and cold. My breath was visible too.

I began to walk down the sidewalk, waving the plastic bag in my grip.

I start to feel uneasy as if I was being watched by somebody or something. My house became in sight, almost home. Until I heard a maniacal laugh. Frozen in fear, my head turned around slowly. Couple feet away there was a man dressed in a polka dotted one piece, his shoes were giant on his feet, and he had white paint all over his face with a red Chelsea grin, red dot on his nose. But what terrified me the most was the blood stained on a baseball bat he was carrying. The man continued to smile at me, his teeth looking identical to a sharks.

All the color from my face flushed, The clown stared down at me not moving in inch. He was more like a hologram than human. Then he screamed a piercing bloodcurdling scream, he ran forward to me. In panic I quickly found movement in my legs and ran towards my house. My lungs were burning but it was all worth it to live. The door was unlocked thank god! I slammed the door and locked it, and every other window, and door. My mother and father woke up and I explained everything. They automatically dialed nine-one-one.

After the police investigated and looked for the clown they eventually found them. Later that week I found out the man in the clown suit had killed another girl before me with a baseball bat, he was also released from a mental hospital due to good behavior. I've never left the house at night again...