Abadoned asylum

Today was the day, we were going to explore and old abandoned asylum! It was originally created in the sixties for the mentally ill, but soon after that it became abandoned due to the abuse of patience and straight up insanity. Since then it's been forgotten by the public, it sits in the middle of the forest.

My friend F/N and I were driving. The drive there wasn't too long considering it was only a couple miles away from my house. There has been several stories about the place. People exploring it and seeing ghost, hearing whispers, and even being scratched. You probably think I'm crazy for wanting to come here but an adventure! Am I right? The worse that could happen to us is to see a shadow or two but that's not gonna scare us.

"I'm so excited!" I say.

"I am too but let's hope we come out alive."

"We will don't sweat it."

After several minutes driving we finally pull up to the asylum. It was covered in grey stone bricks, windows were completely shattered, also the building was surrounded by trees and green plants. The building itself gave you chills. The car slowly stops, as he/she puts it in park.

"Ready?" I ask.

We both hesitantly got out of the car, the place didn't exactly look comforting.

"I'm scared." F/N said as they stopped walking.

"Oh come on! I'll hold your hand if your that scared." I joke.

F/N rolls their eyes and walks in front of me, they reluctantly slowly open the door. The smell of mold and sulfur fill your nose. We both enter the asylum, the floor was brown wood, the walls were white but chipped in random spots on the walls and the ceiling. In one corner there was a stack of old, burnt newspaper clippings. The only furniture that was in the room was an old rocking chair that looked so fragile.

"Wow," I look around the room. "Look how old this place is, can you imagine what it looked like when it was alive?"

"Full of crazy people and abusive workers." He/she says.

"You're probably right. Come on let's go into the rooms!"

"I'll just stay here..."

"Suit yourself." I sigh, then walk down the narrow hallway. The walls were also chipped too. The first room was to the right, it was completely vacant from any furniture. The window was visible but was covered in a rusted metal gate. It was daylight but the rooms looked dark and gloomy.

The room disinterest me so I leave the room, finding myself roaming in the hallways once again. The next room was a little more abnormal. The room was normal sized, there was a bed spring without a mattress, a giant body mirror which was shattered (no surprise), and on the ground a pile of blood was splattered as if someone or something had gotten viciously sliced into two. The ceiling had writing on it too, it said welcome home. Which made me shiver. Why welcome home? Why not 'Welcome to hell'.

An unusual feeling crept over me, the feeling of fear and itching in the back of my brain. My mind slowly started to drift apart, my vision grew blurry. As I was about to fall into unconsciousness someone grabbed my arm, shaking me awake once again.

"No sleeping now ya hear?" A males voice rung in my ear. Sounding light and pleasant.

"Wait what?" My vision starts to recover. The room were dimmed with bright lights, and chatter was heard not to far from me. The man who clenched my arm was wearing a white uniform and was steering me towards the living room that was vacant when we got here but was now filled with furniture, tables and people. Some people were in straight jackets, others were wearing grey sweatpants with a plain white t-shirt. They all looked the same. Dark circles under their eyes, and there eyes completely black. No pupils. I could feel my jaw drop in horror, and my heart began to shake instead of beat.

"W-Where am I?"

"What do you mean where are you? The hospital." The man looked down at me, his smile grinned ear to ear. His eyes completely white instead of black. It was almost more sinister than the black eyes. The feeling of dread washed over me like a massive wave. I was tempted to run away but my movement didn't match my brain. It was like I was awake in someone else's body. Living another life.

In the distance screams pierced my ears and whispers of the insane. I tried to move my arms but found myself in a straight jacket. The man who had me in his grasp was steering me towards the hall, ignoring the two rooms I explored earlier. Instead we went straight down the hallway, we went through metal double doors. It looked like a traditional hospital hallway, except there was only one door at the end of the hall. It looked almost menacing and it gave me a feeling of fear. These feelings did not belong to me, if anything I was mostly confused why I was here. Was this a dream? Am I dreaming? Did I hit my head or slip and fall.

"The doctor is waiting for you." The man whispered.

"I don't wanna see him!"

"Well he wants to see you. And we don't wanna be rude now do we?" He snickered in a sly tone. My feet almost dragged on the floor because my body refused to see what was beyond that door. That dark...heavy looking door.

I eventually found out.

The man who lead me into the room forcefully strapped me down onto a rusty exam table, I could feel the cold metal burn against my flesh. My wrists and ankles were tied down by leather straps. Doctors and nurses hovered over me, their mouths covered by protective sanitary masks, their eyes each held sentiment. I knew what was going to happen to me, my body was prepared, and my mind was swirling with thoughts.

Someone inserted a rubber block between my teeth. An oily substance is then rubbed onto my temples, and some kind of head band is placed onto my head.

Then I felt shock run through my entire body, A burning sensation at the tip of my temples. All thinking was cut off immediately. Then everything went black.

I woke up in the same room I was before. Looking around the room in confusion I got up to my feet and ran out the door. Forgetting about my friend, my heart raced and my feet didn't wait for anyone, they just ran. Ran out of that place. I sat in the car, and waited until my friend came back. I never told her/ him about my experience. But they know something seriously insane happened there.