To hell and back

This was a while back, when I was only eighteen and thought I knew everything about the world. Which is funny considering I was failing a lot of classes.

One night I went to a party with a couple of friends. This party was a college party too so it wasn't boring. Plenty of booze, drugs and girls.
I got totally wasted and so were my friends. Stupidly we thought it was okay to drive, we were all drunk and ended up crashing into a tree, not to mention we didn't have our seat belts on. I don't remember much from the collision but I do remember seeing my life flash before my eyes. All from my first memory to this moment.
Like I said I don't remember every detail from the crash but I do remember everyone's screams. The impact of the car violently crashing into the tree. The sound of glass shattering into millions of pieces. Then the sight of bodies flying through the windshield, also blood. Blood flew in the air as some of my friends did.

I obviously passed out as my head smashed against the head of the seat. For a couple minutes everything turned black, as if I was in a dark desolated room. Until I saw a bright light. I've never been a true believer of God or heaven, but maybe I was wrong. The light held some type of purity, some type of angelic energy. It made me smile and feel amazing.
Cant say I walked into but felt like I was floating. The light felt cold and dreary. What was this, I thought. Wasn't the light supposed to bring you to heaven or bring something good?! But instead I was in another world.

The sky was black as a regular night but there were no stars, and ahead of me was what looked like a valley of fire. Miles away peoples screams pierced my ears, making me flinch. A feeling of dread and panic bubbled inside of me. Fire was everywhere, and the heat radiated off of me. It made my skin crawl and stomach turn upside down, I wanted to throw up.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A deep voice echoes behind me. I jerk my head around to see a man staring at the fire. He was wearing a white suit and his features were beautiful like one of a models or an angel. I didn't have anything to say so I kept quiet. "Some people think fire brings destruction, I believe it brings souls together. Don't you think?" The man smiled at me sadistically, there wasn't anything welcoming about his expression.

The man forcefully pushed me off the cliff, I was falling into the pit of fire until darkness clouded my vision once again.

We got a heart beat!

An unknown voice shouts happily. Others start to converse but it was hard to hear under the beeping machine. My eyes were still closed and I could not move at all. I could feel hands all over my chest, arms and torso. It felt like sleeping but I could hear and feel everything that surrounded me.

1...2...3

A women shouted as she put pressure on my chest and pumps into my body. Suddenly my eyes open and my body lurches forward. I gasp for air as if I hadn't had any in hours. Everyone around me was wearing scrubs or lab coats, doctors and nurses I assume. They all shuffle out except the doctor, cheering to each other.

"W-What happened?" My eyes scattered around the room. I was in a hospital.

"You were clinically dead for four minutes."

"What does that mean?"

"It means your heart stopped for four minutes but we luckily resurrected you." He flashed a smile under his brown mustache.

I sat there in silence. Rethinking my whole experience. I was dead, I thought. Where did I go though? Was it all just some crazy hallucination? And who was that unknown man?

After I got checked out of the hospital I immediately ran straight to the web for answers. Looking up death experiences. Some people claim to have gone to heaven, that they've met Jesus and loved ones that have passed. Grassy fields, sunshine and beautiful lakes with angels. It was crazy to me. Until some of the experiences were about 'hell'. Some people describe it differently then mine, but all had the valley of fire. And the meeting of the devil, or Lucifer as they call him. People described him as a monster with horns, hooves and pointed tail, some as an ugly man in all black, and a beautiful man in white. I realized that the devil can portray himself anyway because he does not have a natural form. He can be beautiful because he was gods favorite once, but ugly due to his greed and wickedness.